Where Can I Get A Cut-in For The First Time In Las Vegas?

Tyler1319

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I posted a few months back about Hairskeen, and while I do like their quality and the reviews, I feel $700+ is very overpriced for a stock system and just the first cut-in. However, besides the 2 or 3 stylists here that work for hairskeen, I Don't know where else to look. So I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know a place that can do cut-ins in the Las Vegas area? For now, I am considering buying a stock system or two to start and will go from there. But I want someone who has experience doing cut-ins or is willing to do a cut in without me buying a product from them. The hairskeen stylists will only do it if you buy their systems. I haven't found anyone else, which is surprising considering how into appearances Vegas is.

2) Is a stock system an ok place to start and have it still look good? And if so who makes the best stock systems? Im leaning toplace or MHE currently as thats who I see suggested alot on here. On a side note, I'm not worried about the price difference for the custom system. It's more so the time to get it currently. I want to do it before I start my new job soon which is why I don't have a month or two to wait, especially if something goes wrong as it would be my first one. Maybe after my first system Ill go the custom route for my second one

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
$700 is about double of what a stock system should cost.

It's a fine way to start IF the color, density, and most importantly the FIT is perfect. Otherwise, for the same money, you can get an EXTREMELY well-made custom system, and not be tethered to HairSkin.

I would AVOID MHE, from personal experience they are NOT there yet... very unprofessional, and terrible customer service.

I will PM you for options.

Steve

Last edited:

lace

Reaction score
In Las Vegas try Lifelike Hair Center.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/lifelike-hair-center-las-vegas
He has been in the business for 32 years at the same location. Excellent reputation.

As for Toplace.....I bought my first two lace pieces from John about almost 12 years ago. Great quality and service. John has been in business for about 20 years. Very loyal following. Someone on this forum posted a negative comment a few months ago. But it was clearly a case of "user error." I think the person even acknowledged the the problem was created by the user not the company.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
In Las Vegas try Lifelike Hair Center.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/lifelike-hair-center-las-vegas
He has been in the business for 32 years at the same location. Excellent reputation.

As for Toplace.....I bought my first two lace pieces from John about almost 12 years ago. Great quality and service. John has been in business for about 20 years. Very loyal following. Someone on this forum posted a negative comment a few months ago. But it was clearly a case of "user error." I think the person even acknowledged the the problem was created by the user not the company.

Noted!

lace

Reaction score
Note to tyler1319.......

My post yesterday was rushed because I needed to be somewhere. I re-read your post this morning. A few more comments.
Las Vegas like all US cities has many hair piece salons. Many are get rich quick type scammers who see a way to make a quick buck. Buy a hair piece from China for under $100 and sell it for $100's even $1000's. The difficulty for someone new is sorting out the legitimate from the unscrupulous.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with http://www.lifelikehair.com. But I did meet the owner quite by chance over 10 years ago. Very low key guy. An encyclopedia of knowledge about hair pieces. His son also works in the business. He does offer a wide variety of services. Cannot comment on prices. Since you want to buy a stock system, color match can be an issue. There are ways to color a stock piece at the points on the hair piece where it blends into the bio hair. You are new to this and in a hurry. Thus I would not suggest that technique at this time for you. Any reputable salon knows how to do this. Should you visit Lifelike ask them about coloring.

If you buy a stock piece select a color that is as close as possible to your hair. Better to select a slightly lighter color which can then more easily be darkened to match as opposed to buying dark and then attempting to lighten it. Very difficult. Darkening means using a color dye. Lightening means using a bleach which is much harder to control when trying to color match. Some bleach is great at the hairline if your hair is a light to medium shade. A variation of streaking. It adds a more natural 3 dimensional illusion to your hair.

Good luck