where can i buy generic minoxidil foam?

asdf1234

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.chaindrugreview.com/front-pa ... gaine-foam

Perrigo launches generic Rogaine foam
March 1st, 2012
ALLEGAN, Mich. – Perrigo Co. has begun rolling out minoxidil 5% foam to its retail and wholesale customers.

The company said Thursday that the product, marketed under store brands or own-label brands, is comparable to Rogaine 5% Foam Hair Regrowth Treatment.

Perrigo had announced in May that it received final approval from the Food and Drug Administration for its abbreviated new drug application for the over-the-counter minoxidil foam.

Rogaine 5% Foam is a treatment for the regrowth of hair on the top of the scalp, and the product's estimated annual sales are about $60 million, according to Perrigo.

Just over a year ago, Perrigo announced that it successfully settled its Hatch-Waxman litigation relating to minoxidil 5% foam brought by Stiefel Research Australia Pty. Ltd., a GlaxoSmithKline company. Perrigo said that since it was the first party to challenge the brand patent, it's entitled to 180 days of generic marketing exclusivity.

where can i find this stuff?

sc64

Reaction score
I was in Walmart the other day and they have there own brand of Equate foam in 5% now for 20.00 or so dollars a bottle,about 8$ cheaper then the rogaine foam.

asdf1234

Established Member
Reaction score
sc64 said:
I was in Walmart the other day and they have there own brand of Equate foam in 5% now for 20.00 or so dollars a bottle,about 8$ cheaper then the rogaine foam.
for a month? I just bought 3 months for under 41 shipped

sc64

Reaction score
It was like 37.00 $ for the 3 pack of equate,So for now it looks like it's only going to be 8 or 9 $ cheaper then the rogain foam if you buy it in the store,I have got the rogaine foam 3 pack off ebay from time to time for about the price you paid with free shipping,

asdf1234

Established Member
Reaction score
sc64 said:
It was like 37.00 $ for the 3 pack of equate,So for now it looks like it's only going to be 8 or 9 $ cheaper then the rogain foam if you buy it in the store,I have got the rogaine foam 3 pack off ebay from time to time for about the price you paid with free shipping,
if you read the article you'd know for the next 180 days Perrigo has exclusivity and is now selling it under store brand names... After 180 days I'd expect the competiton to cause the price to drop.

BusterBluth

Reaction score
I saw it yesterday at Target. A 3-pack was $37, compared to $39 for Rogaine. Since I had the $10 off coupon (and $20 rebate), I went with the Rogaine instead...

sc64

Reaction score
BusterBluth said:
I saw it yesterday at Target. A 3-pack was $37, compared to $39 for Rogaine. Since I had the $10 off coupon (and $20 rebate), I went with the Rogaine instead...

That's what I did,Walmart was selling the 3 pack for $45 at the time and had a $10 rebate inside the box which I think is running till the end of the month,the $10 coupon has been in the Sunday newpaper about every other week for the last month,so rogaine foam for now is under cutting the price of the genetic foam and in my case saved $12 if you take the time to mail in the rebate and look for and use the coupon.

asdf1234,I read the article and agree it could drive down the price some down the road when genetic foam hits all the chain stores,just have to wait and see how it plays out :dunno:

franky123

Reaction score
The ones that bought it, does it dry as quickly as rogaine? Any smell or differences between the 2?

HannibalDL

Reaction score
I just purchased it at my local Meijer (meijer brand). There was only one on the shelf, sitting in front of their meijer brand liquid treatment, and there didn't appear to be a dedicated label on the shelf for the foam version yet. It was $37 as others have seen at Walmart, BUT they were doing a special package with 4 bottles instead of 3. The package was kinda overstuffed, like they made a last-sec decision to stuff in 4 bottles instead of 3 into a box that was designed for 3 (no joke - there was scotch tape to keep it from busting open). Perhaps this was done in response to Rogaine's rebate/coupon program.

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a generic three pack at a Rite Aid drug store for about $30 I think.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Does the generic foam dry like regular rogaine? I like to style my hair with foam because it leaves it looking full, non greasy and dries fast

tpaul

Reaction score
HannibalDL said:
FinalFrontier said:
KC - huge thanks for the Walgreens link.

I just placed an order. That's a really good buy.

:bravo:

I second that - great deal!

I third that! Just placed an order with Walgreens using the discount code.

This will be my first time trying the generic. It's not exactly the same as Rogaine... at least according to the ingredients list. They both have minoxidil but the rest of the formula can make a difference with regard to absorbtion, drying time, stickiness, etc. I'd love to see some studies comparing effectiveness and satisfaction between the original and the generic, but it'll probably be a while before any studies are done (if anyone bothers to do them at all).