Where Are You Guys Getting Your Rubbing Alcohol?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm happy w/ 91%. Ordered 99 a few times & didn't see a difference.

But I can't find any rubbing alcohol in stores anymore. Have been using Got2B to attach since the pandemic hit, but I'm getting a cut in on a new piece, and need it well-attached for the process.

So, where should I order it from?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I buy my 99% isopropyl from a reputable chemical company here in the UK - I order online via their website and they deliver by mail to my door:

https://hexchemonline.co.uk/collections/isopropyl-alcohol

I don't trust Amazon or Ebay for anything to do with hair products etc. I would have a look and see if there any similar sort of chemical companies in your area or your country.

Btw I would go with 99% isopropryl alcohol for use with hair systems. Rubbing alcohol tends to be a lower percentage, so it's not as effective (although the terms are often used interchangeably). However according to the website of the chemical company I order from, their rubbing alcohol is only 70%, whereas their isopropyl is 99%:

https://hexchemonline.co.uk/collections/rubbing-alcohol

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought rubbing alcohol & isopropyl were interchangeably used. I'll seek out a company like that. Ebay has a lot @ semi-reasonable prices, but I don't trust

Allantint

Reaction score
I'm happy w/ 91%. Ordered 99 a few times & didn't see a difference.

But I can't find any rubbing alcohol in stores anymore. Have been using Got2B to attach since the pandemic hit, but I'm getting a cut in on a new piece, and need it well-attached for the process.

So, where should I order it from?

Are you going to a regular barber/stylist to get your cut in?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought rubbing alcohol & isopropyl were interchangeably used. I'll seek out a company like that. Ebay has a lot @ semi-reasonable prices, but I don't trust

Yes, I think the terms are used interchangeably, but for whatever reason the chemical company I order from seems to call the lower percentage version 'rubbing alcohol' and the higher percentage 'isopropyl'.

I don't trust Ebay or Amazon for hair products due to fakes, so I always buy from reputable companies. Hair Direct or my hair system supplier is my preference for most things to do with hair systems.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you going to a regular barber/stylist to get your cut in?

Yes, she's masterfully skilled. I figure hair is hair.

My first piece I got done at a woman who'd been doing toupees since the 1970s.

My lady's much, much better, hipper, everything.