where are these free form fatty acids?

powersam

Reaction score
or non freeform or whatever. where do you get these fatty acids which excite bryan so much?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Chemical companies, basically, and other companies that obtain them FROM chemical companies (like Revivogen).

Bryan

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PowerSam said:
or non freeform or whatever. where do you get these fatty acids which excite bryan so much?
Be prepared PowerSam, if you want free form fatty acids you'd have to get them from a chemical plant, like Bryan stated, and you will be paying BIG bucks for it!!!!!!!!!!
Second of all, in order to get any kind of product from "some" chemical company, you sometimes actually have to be part of an association or business..............in otherwords you can't buy the sh*t if you are an individual. But that is just some chemical companies, not all! Goodluck! :wink:

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ikaponthus said:
There's free form fatty acids in Emu Oil...
Yes that is correct but in order to make the free form acids actually "effective" it would have to be extracted out of the emu oil....................am I correct on this one Bryan? Ya might want to ask Bryan, he knows his sh*t when it comes to free form fatty acids :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ikaponthus said:

Natural oils do contain a little free fatty acid, but usually it's just in trace amounts like on the order of 1% to 2% or so. That's not really enough to do much good for our special purpose.

While it's also true that _some_ specific natural oils may have unusually large quantities of free fatty acids, I don't recall ever hearing that emu oil is one of them. Have YOU ever heard such a claim?

Bryan

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
ikaponthus said:

Natural oils do contain a little free fatty acid, but usually it's just in trace amounts like on the order of 1% to 2% or so. That's not really enough to do much good for our special purpose.

While it's also true that _some_ specific natural oils may have unusually large quantities of free fatty acids, I don't recall ever hearing that emu oil is one of them. Have YOU ever heard such a claim?

Bryan
Bryan, what are some of the natural oils that contain unusually large amounts of free form fatty acid? And along with that, would it be effective to topically apply those natural oils to inhibit 5 alpha reductase? Type 2 that is. :?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dice_Has_Hair said:
Bryan, what are some of the natural oils that contain unusually large amounts of free form fatty acid?

One of them is the oil from saw palmetto. I have a study sitting around here somewhere on that. I don't remember the exact percentage of free-form fatty acids that they claimed to have found, but it was CONSIDERABLY higher than that 1%-2% that's in most common oils!

Dice_Has_Hair said:
And along with that, would it be effective to topically apply those natural oils to inhibit 5 alpha reductase? Type 2 that is. :?

It might possibly be effective, at least to some extent. Especially if you use a decent topical vehicle with it.

Bryan

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Dice_Has_Hair said:
Bryan, what are some of the natural oils that contain unusually large amounts of free form fatty acid?

One of them is the oil from saw palmetto. I have a study sitting around here somewhere on that. I don't remember the exact percentage of free-form fatty acids that they claimed to have found, but it was CONSIDERABLY higher than that 1%-2% that's in most common oils!

[quote="Dice_Has_Hair":1d406]And along with that, would it be effective to topically apply those natural oils to inhibit 5 alpha reductase? Type 2 that is. :?

It might possibly be effective, at least to some extent. Especially if you use a decent topical vehicle with it.

Bryan[/quote:1d406]I thought anything to do with saw palmetto wouldn't be effective, LOL!!! :)

Jacob

Reaction score
The major part of the fatty acid fraction was in free form. Bound fatty acids were characterized by a high content of a-linolenic acid (70%). The mechanism of antiatherosclerotic action of this pollen extract may be, at least in part, due to polyunsaturated fatty acids"

"GLC analyses of the fat-soluble pollen extract revealed that the major part (more than 60%) of the fatty acid was in the free form (Table 1, Fig. 1). Bound fatty acids, which rather reflect the compositional profile of pollen, were characterized by a high content of a-linolenic acid (18: 3n-3, a-LLA) (70%) followed by small amounts of linoleic (18: 2n-6) and oleic acid (181n-9) only. Palmitic acid (16:0) was the most abundant saturated"

There is at least one source for this stuff....pretty sure I posted it at Hairsite...

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
The major part of the fatty acid fraction was in free form. Bound fatty acids were characterized by a high content of a-linolenic acid (70%). The mechanism of antiatherosclerotic action of this pollen extract may be, at least in part, due to polyunsaturated fatty acids"

"GLC analyses of the fat-soluble pollen extract revealed that the major part (more than 60%) of the fatty acid was in the free form (Table 1, Fig. 1). Bound fatty acids, which rather reflect the compositional profile of pollen, were characterized by a high content of a-linolenic acid (18: 3n-3, a-LLA) (70%) followed by small amounts of linoleic (18: 2n-6) and oleic acid (181n-9) only. Palmitic acid (16:0) was the most abundant saturated"

There is at least one source for this stuff....pretty sure I posted it at Hairsite...
What thread was that at hairsite? Can you give me a link? I am on hairsite too :)

Jacob

Reaction score
I searched and searched and I cannot find it. I remember posting it more than once too....one in a response to Bryan even. And he responded back- surprised he's forgotten about this stuff.

Anyway..here's the page the info came from:

http://www.graminex.com/clinical_studies/study20.php

I don't remember seeing Dice over there :shock:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dice_Has_Hair said:
I thought anything to do with saw palmetto wouldn't be effective, LOL!!! :)
Locally applied, it might be beneficial. Orally ingested, probably not.

HairLossTalk.com

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I searched and searched and I cannot find it. I remember posting it more than once too....one in a response to Bryan even. And he responded back- surprised he's forgotten about this stuff.

Anyway..here's the page the info came from:

http://www.graminex.com/clinical_studies/study20.php

I don't remember seeing Dice over there :shock:
Actually my name is kalika over there on hairsite! :lol:
Is there anyway we can just purchase the fatty acids? Something tells me "no"!

ikaponthus

Reaction score
Bryan said:
ikaponthus said:

Bryan

Maybe - but I'm not sure because I don't really know what you're talking about. It's a "fatty" acid. Is it "free" as well? I dunno.

"The second conclusion of this study was that oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid is the largest component of emu oil, that and this fatty acid may well be the main reason for this oil's amazing ability to penetrate the skin and carry with it health-bringing medications"

http://www.explorepub.com/articles/emu.html

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ikaponthus said:
Bryan said:
ikaponthus said:

Bryan

Maybe - but I'm not sure because I don't really know what you're talking about. It's a "fatty" acid. Is it "free" as well? I dunno.

"The second conclusion of this study was that oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid is the largest component of emu oil, that and this fatty acid may well be the main reason for this oil's amazing ability to penetrate the skin and carry with it health-bringing medications"

http://www.explorepub.com/articles/emu.html
Read this:"We know from Liao studies that C18 fatty acids are the most potent inhibitors of 5 alpha reductase, with Gamma Linoleic Acid being the most potent and Oleic being the least potent as far as inhibition. Since only 0.01% of Oleic acid in Emu Oil will be in the free form the DHT inhibition is not even a factor here and very unlikely to be responsible for the claimed positive effects."
There ya have it, emu is not a good 5 alpha reductase inhibitor! I got that info here:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/html/emuoil.cfm

ikaponthus

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for that snippet, that clears a lot of stuff up! Cheers mate!

It's so annoying that in so many emu oil adverts they say it's a natural DHT inhibitor. Pfffft. I still think it's good, even if it only conditions the scalp and help carry the minoxidil deaper into the skin.

But there are also some other interesting results with emu oil regarding hair follicles ... the quote is in my other thread about emu oil.

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ikaponthus said:
Cool! Thanks for that snippet, that clears a lot of stuff up! Cheers mate!

It's so annoying that in so many emu oil adverts they say it's a natural DHT inhibitor. Pfffft. I still think it's good, even if it only conditions the scalp and help carry the minoxidil deaper into the skin.

But there are also some other interesting results with emu oil regarding hair follicles ... the quote is in my other thread about emu oil.
Yes, I believe that when these people know its good for hairloss and since it is a fat, they probably assume that it has some sort of anti-dht activity.
It is good for hairloss regardless. Its been shown to be very effective anti-inflammatory. Inflammation plays a big role in male pattern baldness, not so much at the scalp tissue, ya know the skin, but localized inflammation at the follicle. Emu has many properties that make it a good hairloss treatment, even though it has nothing to do with DHT or 5 alpha reductase. It is a very good penetrant............so it will shove more of our topicals further down where they need to go. :)

Jacob

Reaction score
Dice_Has_Hair said:

There seems to be a way..it's just expensive and not that easy to obtain. Someone like Dr. Yechiel or even Lipoxidil..and Dr. P...could easily get some.

Bryan and/or whoever else is interested could easily get something whipped up to sell. Like Fred is doing with his product.

Here's the source for that flower pollen extract: http://www.pollenextracts.com/eng/produ ... ingbx.html
A greenish brown sticky paste with a characteristic stinging odour

I'd love to get a whiff of that stuff :lol:

They also have a powdered version- 10% :http://www.pollenextracts.com/eng/products/gbx-mkc.html

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Dice_Has_Hair said:

There seems to be a way..it's just expensive and not that easy to obtain. Someone like Dr. Yechiel or even Lipoxidil..and Dr. P...could easily get some.

Bryan and/or whoever else is interested could easily get something whipped up to sell. Like Fred is doing with his product.

Here's the source for that flower pollen extract: http://www.pollenextracts.com/eng/produ ... ingbx.html
A greenish brown sticky paste with a characteristic stinging odour

I'd love to get a whiff of that stuff :lol:

They also have a powdered version- 10% :http://www.pollenextracts.com/eng/products/gbx-mkc.html
So basically the "cheapest" route to get the free form fatty acids is just simply buying revivogen. Thats what I gather so far. Ya know I wish revivogen could redo or revise their product just containing the free form fatty acids. But of course I am sure that they are racking in the dough, so why would they want to bother. LOL!!! If they were to redo the solution, they could probably rack in more dough, unless redoing it would cost them more money :)