Whenever I worry about baldness

base10

Reaction score
I have two friends, 1 is 24 the other 26. Both of them NW4, with visible crown thinning. No treatments nothing. Both of them are average looking, one is fairly tall so he's got that advantage, the other..is 5'4.

1 of them buzzes his hair and embraces his hairline, while the other one leaves it long and refuses the accept the fact that he is balding as he is severely self conscious. Funny thing is that both of them are the two most successful men I know. 1 is a lead lighting designer and has come back from a 10 month tour with Mother Mother and Iggy Azealia. The other, works in sales for a fortune 500 company.

Also, both of them are dating amateur models, both women are incredible and down to earth people. Hair loss seems to be the last thing that they worry about.

I hate balding/thinning/hairline recession as much as the other guy.....but I find comfort in the fact that really it's only as bad as you make it to be.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
a 5'4 balding guy with a model girlfriend... good for him, much respect
either he is loaded or she is part of the 0.001% of females who actually has personality as a priority over looks.....

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about this topic around here usually, because it only gets you hate as some people around here simply don't want to believe that balding is not a dating death spell. It's very convenient and self-assuring for them to just believe it has nothing to do with their own behavior and personality.

Maybe you are simply filtering for the "wrong females". Are there a lot of superficial b****s out there? Yes. But do we men care about looks, maybe as much or even more than them? Yes. Some of the whiny cry-babies around here complain that they now can only get "a 6/10 at most". How is that any different from these girls? It isn't. And as these guys that complain the most around here, who won't settle for anything less, they automatically find the girls that are the best match for their own personality. The girls that actually don't care as much about your hair will simply not find your personality attractive when they notice you are so shallow. What will be left are the superficial, good-looking girls with whom one obviously doesn't have a chance because, well, they are as superficial as you are if you only aim for 7.5/10 and above.
Ever thought about "settling" for something less attractive when the personality is a "good match"? From the people around here that complain the most I've never even seen the slightest hint that they would be willing to do so. But they complain about the girls that won't do it either.

Pseudo-philosophical bottom line: There is no denying that balding is a very big disadvantage and it's not as easy any more to play the number's game, as many girls/women are very shallow (as are many guys, as often seen on these forums). But is it a death spell and does it prevent you completely from getting "hot chicks"? It only does when you are superficial and consciously or subconsciously aim for the superficial chicks yourself.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I enjoy attention from girls above 8/10 and for that you need hair no doubt, might sound shallow but I still like it. I told my long term chick, would you still like clooney with no hair? She laughed. I feel it's sad seeing my good looks wasted with a cone head. I still have all my 30's to come, that's when you should become a man! (or a shiny baldie)

I may be in a long term relationship but I like to know that 8's and above still view me as attractive.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate balding/thinning/hairline recession as much as the other guy.....but I find comfort in the fact that really it's only as bad as you make it to be.

This is false.

It's actually as bad as the women you're chasing make it to be. YOU as a bald man, even if not showing any distress over it, have ZERO control over it. There is no debate about this either. Anything short of this is being naive and in denial.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh god, does anyone have a bomb squad blanket?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I may be in a long term relationship but I like to know that 8's and above still view me as attractive.

This is a clear sign that you are still in the game. Once it becomes commonplace to get attentions from 4's and below you know your time has run out.

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
I never really see being bald as a life ender. It just forces you to try harder which I think is unfair. A good looking guy can get work or pussay solely by existing...us baldies have to work and attempt to tie someone down whos ready to settle after being used up