when ? ...

testohate

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all

after 1 year use propecia , now , i have regrowth
this hair who regrowth are very short and thin and fluffy
but there are alot of regrowth on the fornt of my head

who long my regrowth hair change to the Thick and terminal hair ? ( several month ? )

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dear friend testohate:

This question is asked over and over again and frankly there is no universal answer. Hairs need several cycles to change diameter (sorry Bryan) and become cosmetically useful if they are initially vellus/intermediate or cosmetically useless if initially terminal.

With propecia especially though, regrowth might take considerably long IF there is regrowth at all.

If your question is:
Can I expect further regrowth and thickening after one year of treatment?
then yes, of course it is possible but in no way certain.

One thing commonly remarked around here is that there can be absolutely no certainty, a painful lesson that hairloss has to offer. :grouphug:

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Yo

From my reading of the studies on Propecia, the maximum results are typically acheived between 12 to 18 months of continuous use. These results then taper slowly off towards the 5 year mark (at which results were said to still be better than baseline).

As SE-Freak says, each individual varies and it may take you up to 2 years to get maximum results - who knows? I've been on finasteride for pretty much 3 years and haven't noticed significant degradation of my results (touching wood).

Keep at it. You have one serious regimen there dude. I'm sure with time (and perhaps increasing your minoxidil to twice daily) you will be able to coerce those fuzzy hairs into terminal ones.

Stay positive - eat well, exercise, get chicks and believe you'll get results!

Cheers

Def