When will Dutasteride be approved for male pattern baldness??

SSM23

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyones always going on about Dutasteride to treat hairloss but does anyone actually know when it will be approved for male pattern baldness?

I want to take it but i am worried about the side effects so i will wait for it to be approved.
[/list]

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It may never get approved. It might not be safe for male pattern baldness or the makes may not want to spend the money on studies.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont know johnnie the people who have been on it for 4 years or for the prostate sh*t arent dead or cancered out ... so im starting to think its not as bad as some people claim..

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gonna_win said:
It may never get approved. It might not be safe for male pattern baldness or the makes may not want to spend the money on studies.

if its not safe for male pattern baldness how is it safe for enlarged prostate?? or is it that they dont even know if its safe to use then?? but dont they have 4 year clinical data on it saying that its pretty safe ? or atleast the people who are on it since 4 years are in good health? no big sides

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
[quote="gonna_win":02819]It may never get approved. It might not be safe for male pattern baldness or the makes may not want to spend the money on studies.

if its not safe for male pattern baldness how is it safe for enlarged prostate?? or is it that they dont even know if its safe to use then?? but dont they have 4 year clinical data on it saying that its pretty safe ? or atleast the people who are on it since 4 years are in good health? no big sides[/quote:02819]

because people with an enlarged prostate are different to those with a normal sized prostate.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
SSM23 said:
Everyones always going on about Dutasteride to treat hairloss but does anyone actually know when it will be approved for male pattern baldness?

I want to take it but i am worried about the side effects so i will wait for it to be approved.
[/list]
It most likely will never will be approved for hair loss. They cancelled phase 3 FDA trials twice already back in 2002.
The rumor is that "Glaxo's management does not think that Dutasteride will be able to be sufficiently differentiated from Propecia in the consumers mind to make the drug significantly profitable". Quoted from HLH.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gonna_win said:
[quote="fallout boy":3be9b][quote="gonna_win":3be9b]It may never get approved. It might not be safe for male pattern baldness or the makes may not want to spend the money on studies.

if its not safe for male pattern baldness how is it safe for enlarged prostate?? or is it that they dont even know if its safe to use then?? but dont they have 4 year clinical data on it saying that its pretty safe ? or atleast the people who are on it since 4 years are in good health? no big sides[/quote:3be9b]

because people with an enlarged prostate are different to those with a normal sized prostate.[/quote:3be9b]

yea in the fact that they have an enlarged prostate ... im pretty sure theyre not like a whole new species of human... so what the @$@#%

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
You never know, fallout boy, you might have accidentally hit upon the reason for their enlarged prostates.

Oh and what BHD said. In Glaxo's opinion dutasteride (as a treatment for male pattern baldness) is too much of a niche product for a company of their size to invest the necessary resources into conducting phase III trials. Plus if longer term use showed up some nasty side effects it would open them up to a chunk of extra litigation.

Slarti