when using Rogaine, can you use 1 mL over a small area?

Moment

Reaction score
it says you can use 1 mL twice a day on your scalp, i only have a small area to work on now, it only takes like 1/5 mL to get my area wet. so if i want to use 1 mL, i would need to apply once then wait it to dry, then apply it again, and repeat till i have used 1 mL. I am not sure if 1/5 mL has the same effectiveness as 1 mL.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I very liberally apply my minoxidil. I use about 3mL when I do a full scalp application. Recently I've also been doing a nightly application just on my temples (which is not a very large surface area) and I use about 1mL for that. Not sure if applying it so liberally makes it more effective - I'm sure just getting it covered is enough, but I'm desperate to get these last few hairs to thicken up and minoxidil is cheap/I'm not getting side effects so I figure why not?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Observations have been that Minoxidil is ineffective when applied over recommended volume..

so do need to do that.

Moment

Reaction score
Observations have been that Minoxidil is ineffective when applied over recommended volume..

so do need to do that.

are you saying that you can use 1 mL on a small area? as long as you don't exceed 1 mL?

- - - Updated - - -

I very liberally apply my minoxidil. I use about 3mL when I do a full scalp application. Recently I've also been doing a nightly application just on my temples (which is not a very large surface area) and I use about 1mL for that. Not sure if applying it so liberally makes it more effective - I'm sure just getting it covered is enough, but I'm desperate to get these last few hairs to thicken up and minoxidil is cheap/I'm not getting side effects so I figure why not?

pretty sure 3 mL is a bit too much,i feel like 2 mL can cover the whole head

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 3mL to ensure good coverage. I have very thick hair other than my temples which makes it difficult to apply. I think the fact it's getting longer (about 2-2.5" on top now) is making it more difficult to get it where it needs to go too.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was told by my excellent hair doctor that if I want to apply minoxidil only once a day, I should use more than the recommended amount. So I do use more, much more. I started only about 10 weeks ago and... it's working!! So I wouldnt worry about applying more than usual. I dont wait for it to dry, either, I do the whole application in about 3 minutes.

I don't think it would be any less effective if I did it twice a day like that.