When to stop?

Durandel

Reaction score
I've been on Propecia for years. About 6 weeks ago I started on Spectral DNC and Revita shampoo. Immediately I went from seeing little or no hair in the bottom of the bath each day to dozens of hairs, many of them terminal. This started within a couple of days of treatment, and shows no sign of stopping.

The shedding has begin to affect my appearence. A few days ago I stopped using Revita as there are a number of people saying it gave them severe sheds. I'd hoped this would solve the problem, but it hasn't. The shedding continues. The Spectral instructions say to discontinue treatment if shedding persists for more than 2 weeks. However, I am still not sure if Revita was/is responsible.

I know that minoxidil shedding can be a good thing, and I don't want to quit if that's what this is. On the other hand I really don't like what's happening and am worried that this is going on too long.

Can anyone advise me how I should proceed?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ive shed for way longer than 2 weeks on both liquid minoxidil and foam,i always ride it out,it improves eventually

been on treatments for just over 2 years and am very happy i sat through sheds instead of jumping ship :)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
The classic shed shouldn't last more than 2 weeks.

Feel free to ride it out through the 4 - 6 week mark, but it were me I wouldn't go beyond that. (I can't afford to lose any more hair).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is it not normal to shed 50 to 100 hairs per day? Am I missing something? What I find confusing is why the hair looks perfectly thick and full for a few days, and then all of a sudden it looks thin and flat a few days later. And is it normal to shed seasonally in cycles? And if you shed in cycles, how long does it take for things to get back to looking normal again? Four weeks ago, my hair looked the best it had in years for 2 weeks straight, now in the past 4 days, it has gone downhill. The only thing different is the weather has changed. Its no where as humid outside and its getting colder here in Florida. Does the weather have that much effect on the hair?

Durandel

Reaction score
libertine said:
ive shed for way longer than 2 weeks on both liquid minoxidil and foam,i always ride it out,it improves eventually
I've been on Spectral for 6 weeks already, and have shed severely almost all of that time, so that's not really helpful to me. How long did you shed, was it severe, how long before it grew back and how long before you actually benefited?

hair_tomorrow said:
The classic shed shouldn't last more than 2 weeks.

Feel free to ride it out through the 4 - 6 week mark, but it were me I wouldn't go beyond that..
May I ask where the 2 week figure comes from? In any event, I have stopped with Spectral for almost a week. The shedding continues, but I am confident that it'll die down soon now. This whole experiment has been a total f*****g waste of time, money and personal dignity. I may change my mind and restart, but at the moment I'm pretty much decided to sell the unused Spectral on ebay and give up. I just pray to god that my shed hair grows back!

I've read nothing on this site to convince me that any of this sh*t actually works. The treatments are worse than the bloody disease, and you'd have to be pretty desperate to consider them viable. All they really do is create false hope and a deeply negative obsession. No wonder so many people on this site seem to be so dismal. Christ, some peple here are actually "needling" themselves in an attempt to make this snake oil work! It's literally self harm!

DoctorHouse said:
Is it not normal to shed 50 to 100 hairs per day? Am I missing something?
Yes. You're missing the fact that I used to see an occasional hair in the bath and now I see dozens. Not a dozen, but dozens and dozens every day.