When to expect shedding?

stabone

Reaction score
I started Rogaine and propecia about 1 1/2 months ago, I am shedding massively now, is this the typical period for shedding or is it usually later on in the treatment. Just trying to figure out if this is just male pattern baldness or the shedding from using these products. I am almost ready to shave my head now b/c of this, or should I hang in there?

Reaction score
good question

hi. good question. I've been on xandrox for a week and I start to loose more hair (thick and thin), anyone knows if shedding can start after just 1 week ?

peace
R.

incognito

Reaction score
I don't think there is a single answer to this question. From all the posts I have read, it differs per person. I have been on finasteride now for two weeks and I have not shed....yet.

If I had to guess what most of the others have said, its that the 2-5 month period is the worst and at about the 6th month you start to stablize or see regrowth.

sam8183

Reaction score
I agree

I have been on minoxidil and propecia for 6 years since i was 16 and have last month switched to xandrox 5% and have shed ever since.

I know this shed is NOT from minoxidil because i have been on regaine for ages. It must be from the azelaic acid.

How long is this shed gonna last? They have not justified a shed from azelaic acid, only from minoxidil, which is really worrying.

Please help

2young

Reaction score
I had a bit of a shed at about 1.5 months on propecia. I was losing 50 or so hairs in the shower (that I noticed), and it seemed like every time I touched my head a few hairs fell out. I don't really know if it ever got cosmetically noticeable, because my mind's eye likes to make me think I'm totally bald when I'm really pretty far from it. Anyway, after a week or so of intense shedding, things settled down, and I'm only noticing 10-15 hairs on my hands in the shower now, and running my hand through my hair doesn't produce a shower of hair anymore. I don't use minoxidil though.

I think if a shed lasts more than 3 weeks there may be a problem. Try reading the shedding sticky at the beginning of the general discussions forum.