When Taking Finasteride, I Thought I'd Be Just Fine, In Reality I Became Impotent Because Of It

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When i was thinking about my hair loss and what to do with it, i thought that hair is life, that hair is the most important thing and i didnt care about anything else.

I didnt believe something bad would happen and tried to just stick with finasteride long term.

Well i was wrong. Something bad happened and hair is not the most important thing. Your libido and erections are the most important thing in life as a male.

Only when you are about to have sex with the girl of your dreams, your potential future wife and then you cant get hard and you dont have the drive to f***, in that very moment, you realize that you fucked up by taking finasteride.

Because of finasteride i became impotent and seems like it might be permanent for the rest of my life, thats when you start having suicidal thoughts.

A recent study by Zhang et al. [40] reported that treatment of male mature animals for 16 weeks with a daily oral dose of 4.5 mg/kg finasteride significantly reduced 5α-DHT levels and attenuated penile erectile response to EFS of the cavernous nerve. This treatment also reduced the trabecular smooth muscle content and increased connective tissue deposition, reminiscent of the data reported by Traish et al. [41], in the castrated animal model. In addition, finasteride treatment reduced endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression. More importantly, this treatment decreased autophagy and produced deterioration in the ultrastructure of the corpus cavernosum, including mitochondria injury, and increased trabecular smooth muscle cell death (Fig. 3) [40]. These findings, together with the previously reported data from pre-clinical studies point out to serious adverse effects of finasteride and dutasteride on the anatomy, physiology and cell biology of erectile function (Table 1) and suggest that the effects of these drugs may be persistent or irreversible.
https://icurology.org/DOIx.php?id=10.4111/kju.2014.55.6.367

Wish in the past, right before swallowing first fina pill, I could be in shoes of myself right now, and experience the horror of not having libido and not being able to get hard, so that i wouldnt start taking finasteride.

Life is absolutely ruthless. It doesnt forget or forgive. There is no save check point which you can reload. Some things can be gone forever and you will never get them back.

Ritchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride sometimes reveals the truth in people. You are gay.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey have you tried Horny Goat weed and zinc daily? You still use Finasteride?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When i was thinking about my hair loss and what to do with it, i thought that hair is life, that hair is the most important thing and i didnt care about anything else.

I didnt believe something bad would happen and tried to just stick with finasteride long term.

Well i was wrong. Something bad happened and hair is not the most important thing. Your libido and erections are the most important thing in life as a male.

Only when you are about to have sex with the girl of your dreams, your potential future wife and then you cant get hard and you dont have the drive to f***, in that very moment, you realize that you fucked up by taking finasteride.

Because of finasteride i became impotent and seems like it might be permanent for the rest of my life, thats when you start having suicidal thoughts.

That's a shame for you but baldness is associated with impotence as well as depression and this med helps millions of people, most of whom have minimal side-effects. Furthermore those that do, have them desist shortly thereafter: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3481923/

Last edited:

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying thread starter is wrong, i cannot know. But i have a feeling that some people starting on Finasteride, already terrified of hair loss tend to worry about impotence when starting.

As all men know, stress is the main cause of impotence, but it's all in your head. If you're terrified of not getting it up, you won't. Just relax bro.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first noticed an incipient bald spot at 20, I couldn't perform really either with someone or solo until I resolved the feeling of helplessness that male pattern baldness causes. Then, and only, then did I get my prowess back, not that I was ever, well, I don't know the names of any p**rn actors but you get the point.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most men's libido will decrease once they realize they are balding, regardless of what medications they are taking.

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Uhh how do you know that? See with your attitude, no wonder your Libido has decreased. Being horny is a feeling of joy. You're obviously depressed as s**t.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that it is ridiculous to blame finasteride for depression in people who go off it because yes, they have a huge probablity of being depressed because they are going bald without resort. Correlation is not causation. I am not saying people should be depressed, not at all but the reality is that I was devastated and all of you were too.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that it is ridiculous to blame finasteride for depression in people who go off it because yes, they have a huge probablity of being depressed because they are going bald without resort. Correlation is not causation. I am not saying people should be depressed, not at all but the reality is that I was devastated and all of you were too.
You have no idea what you are talking about. It is proven that some people get a significant reduction in neuro steroids.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about. It is proven that some people get a significant reduction in neuro steroids.
That doesn't mean that it is responsible for depression. The two might be linked but plenty of people don't get depression at all and a lot of the incidences are nocebo. I went off it cold turkey in August and everything is copacetic.

But I don't interact with people who reply aggressively or with insults, so I am leaving the thread. Good luck, all.