When Should I tell Her?

Technical

Reaction score
So I've been losing my hair since 18, I'm going to be 20 in 3 months. Recently I've started courting an amazing woman, however I'm concerned. Right now my hair loss isn't obvious, however I know at the rate it's at and the fact that I refuse to take drugs for it that in the next 6 months I'll eventually have to shave it all off.

Am I obligated to tell her at this point that I have hair loss? If not, when should I?

Any opinions would be great... thanks.

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say its best to act confident and unphased, so no need to say anything. Just carry on as usual and shave it when needed.
The only reason to ever talk about it is if she mentions it first.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Technical said:
So I've been losing my hair since 18, I'm going to be 20 in 3 months. Recently I've started courting an amazing woman, however I'm concerned. Right now my hair loss isn't obvious, however I know at the rate it's at and the fact that I refuse to take drugs for it that in the next 6 months I'll eventually have to shave it all off.

Am I obligated to tell her at this point that I have hair loss? If not, when should I?

why do you refuse to take drugs? If your hair loss is not obvious NOW, you can keep it that way with drugs for another 5-10 years...

Technical

Reaction score
2020 said:
Technical said:

why do you refuse to take drugs? If your hair loss is not obvious NOW, you can keep it that way with drugs for another 5-10 years...
Because of the possible long term effects of finasteride.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
if its not obvious now, wat makes u think in only 6 months u will have to shave it. even the most aggressive male pattern baldness is not that fast. im guessing assuming u do actually have male pattern baldness and are not just being paranoid, in 6 months u will have lost only another .5 cm from the hairline.

i agree, say nothing about it until she does.

if nothing else keep dandruff under control, and keep it short. im sure it will be 10 yrs b4 its a problem. like most ur watching ur hairline too closely. hairlines DO recede, its just the nature of being male. no need to think the worst. enjoy it while u still have it.

Technical

Reaction score
anxious1 said:
if its not obvious now, wat makes u think in only 6 months u will have to shave it. even the most aggressive male pattern baldness is not that fast. im guessing assuming u do actually have male pattern baldness and are not just being paranoid, in 6 months u will have lost only another .5 cm from the hairline.

i agree, say nothing about it until she does.

if nothing else keep dandruff under control, and keep it short. im sure it will be 10 yrs b4 its a problem. like most ur watching ur hairline too closely. hairlines DO recede, its just the nature of being male. no need to think the worst. enjoy it while u still have it.
It took my uncle one year to go 60-70% bald on top of his head. I had a very progressed hair line that's moved back. It's not going to take ten years, and my hair loss isn't moving in the progressive fashion you just presented it as.

My hair loss follows the two hair lines that go from my temples to my double crown at the back. So yes, 6 months.

Technical

Reaction score
Ben said:
Theres no point in telling her you have hairloss since it will eventually be obvious to her to see for herself.
This is true, I was just thinking down the long haul. I mean if you were getting into a relationship with a girl who knew that by halfway through the relationship she would be bald, wouldn't you want her to tell you?

I probably wouldn't care if she went bald because she could wear a wig, but that's a biased opinion and I have no way of knowing if this girl also wouldn't care.

Basically I don't want to waste this girls time, she's in my league right now because I'm fairly attractive with hair. Without hair I'm still decent looking... but not in the same league as this girl.

I'm just worried it would create resentment later.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no reason to tell her anything. If you were using fibers or something to cover it up then you might have an issue.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to be a troll? I don't see how anybody can create a thread like this and be serious.

Men go bald, it's a natural thing that happens to some men and there's really no way of you knowing in how long you'll go bald.

You don't have AIDS, it's not something you're obligated to tell her, would she tell you that she might become fat in 2 years? I doubt it.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
It took my uncle one year to go 60-70% bald on top of his head. I had a very progressed hair line that's moved back. It's not going to take ten years, and my hair loss isn't moving in the progressive fashion you just presented it as.

My hair loss follows the two hair lines that go from my temples to my double crown at the back. So yes, 6 months.

ur a paranoid nutcase. noone goes bald in 6 months. youll see.

Technical

Reaction score
Naltima said:
Are you trying to be a troll? I don't see how anybody can create a thread like this and be serious.

Men go bald, it's a natural thing that happens to some men and there's really no way of you knowing in how long you'll go bald.

You don't have AIDS, it's not something you're obligated to tell her, would she tell you that she might become fat in 2 years? I doubt it.
That's a ridiculous analogy. You can control your weight, you can't control hair loss in the same way.

Technical

Reaction score
anxious1 said:

ur a paranoid nutcase. noone goes bald in 6 months. youll see.
I didn't say I just started balding, I said it's still not obvious because the length of my hair covers a lot of it and I had a forward hair line, I also didn't say I'd be fully bald in 6 months, it will be noticeable in 6 months.

In all actuality in 6 months I will have been balding for 2 years.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you ever considered that your hair is not the reason she chose to be with you?

:smack: