When should I start Rogaine??

mkazimi

Reaction score
Guys-

New to this website but wish I had found it earlier. Started losing hair at the age of 16 but it wasnt drastic and you couldnt tell I was balding. However, 2006 was terrible and lost TONS of hair. In order to curb the hairloss, tried all sorts of herbal gunk and guess what, IT DOESNT WORK! Right now i'm 23, and still have reasonable coverage but the hairline has gone back 2 inches. Started on Duts about 2 weeks ago, and going through the usual shedding phase. Wondering if I should start Rogaine as well. While I want to keep my existing hair, I also want to regrow hair, particularly restore some of the hairline (I dont expect it to be the way it was pre-2006). I'v heard dutasteride's not that great when it comes to restoring the hairline. FYI, my temples are great, its the middle of the front line that needs work. Should I stay on Duts for a year and see how it goes or should I start Rogaine foam as well (Just on the frontal region)? I will try to post my picture shortly to give you guys a sense of what I'm talking about.

Thanks

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
I would use finasterid 1mg/day instead of Duta because of the lack of results with it.

You should add the rogaine foam to your regimen, I started it 2 months ago(been 4 years on fina, I'm 22 now) and it definitly gives me regrowth.

Finasterid helps you to keep your hairline and the foam gives your regrowth.
I wouldn't go into the duts game.

Hope it helps.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, I would lay off the dutasteride and just stick with finasteride.

dutasteride is some freaky sh*t, finasteride is bad enough.