When quitting finasteride

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
I had to stop as well after 15 months of treatment due to other side effects. I stopped last week and have had no change in loss. Likewise I am wondering how soon I will lose what I have now and will it be a noticeable amount. Sorry to heir the news I am disappointed that I had to stop as well.

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Merck says if you stop taking it you'll lose whatever you gained gradually over 12 months or so. I found this to be fairly accurate when I stopped taking it for 9 months.

jeffsss

Reaction score
maybe you should try some estrogen blockers.. like tamoxifen?

and/or lower your dosage of finasteride...

it'd be such a waste for you if you quit finasteride all together.

your sooo lucky that finasteride worked for you as well as you claim.

rtg313s

Reaction score
Re

It is such a waste, but I'm not going to risk developing a pair of moobs, so that I keep all my hair. I heard Tamaxofin is a bunch of b.s anyway

jeffsss

Reaction score
Re: Re

rtg313s said:
It is such a waste, but I'm not going to risk developing a pair of moobs, so that I keep all my hair. I heard Tamaxofin is a bunch of b.s anyway

dude, tamaxofin is not a bunch of BS.. trust me on this.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
why not reduce your dosage?
if 0.5mg is too high, do 0.2mg.

rtg313s

Reaction score
Jeff, Tamoxifin? How much is it? Do I need a prescription? Does IT have its own side-effects? I just don't want to start taking a whole bunch of stuff that's going to throw my body and hormones off even more

jeffsss

Reaction score
rtg313s said:
Jeff, Tamoxifin? How much is it? Do I need a prescription? Does IT have its own side-effects? I just don't want to start taking a whole bunch of stuff that's going to throw my body and hormones off even more

tamoxifin is fairly inexpensive. i think i paid $30 for 100 pills of 10mg..

it is a perscribed medication.. your Doctor will NOT give you one.

it was developed to fight breast cancer.. steriod useers were the one of the first to discover it's gyno fighting usage!

this isnt meant to be used long term.. but i off/on it every other month.. pop 10mg once a week.. it' really blasts gyno.

I havent had any sides from it.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you seriously going to take a drug that was developed to fight breast cancer to counteract moobs you have gainned as a result of finasteride?

That is insane.

If finasteride is giving you side effects like this (it was the same for me) then its not working in the way it should be,it may have improved your hair but its clearly not agreeing with something. Also from my experience the gyno thing doesnt stop,it continues to grow gradually.

Read the propecia documentation that comes with the tablets.It says that if you have side effects which persist that you should discontinue the drug.

Your call tho

rtg313s

Reaction score
Last blade said:
Are you seriously going to take a drug that was developed to fight breast cancer to counteract moobs you have gainned as a result of finasteride?

That is insane.

If finasteride is giving you side effects like this (it was the same for me) then its not working in the way it should be,it may have improved your hair but its clearly not agreeing with something. Also from my experience the gyno thing doesnt stop,it continues to grow gradually.

Read the propecia documentation that comes with the tablets.It says that if you have side effects which persist that you should discontinue the drug.

Your call tho

What do you mean the gyno thing doesn't stop? Even after stopping finasteride? What were your symptoms when developing Gyno?

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
From my experience,even after dropping down to as little as 0.25mg i still had recurrent shooting pains in my chest (especially in the morning) and while i got off the finasteride before it was noticeable if i had have stayed on it i would have needed a bra in a few years.Thats just my input though,im dont trying to scaremonger.

Ive been off finasteride a few months now and the pain has stopped altogether and i think my chest is going back to normal,though its too early to be sure

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Tamoxifen is a safe drug to use... no doubt about it...

However, one of the less common side effects of tamoxifen is hair loss. However, I've read plenty of doctors' statements saying that hair lost during treatment of tamoxifen will grow back...

Armidex doesn't list hair loss as one of its side effects, but it's not as effective as tamoxifen.

I've heard of DIM, but can't find any info on it. Anyone got the scoop?

I'm thinking of adding a very small amount of Armidex (or DIM if I can get some info) as a precautionary measure.