When One Is Not Able To Be Consistent In The Way They Use Rogaine

jdocdp

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you use Rogaine at a random rate, do you simply just lessen its potency, or do you actually *damage* your hair this way?

Examples of the afforementioned "random rate" would include:
• Using it only once per day instead of twice, which is the norm.
• Day 1, use it in the morning - day 2, use it in the evening - day 3, use it at noon - day 4, use it both in the morning and at night - and so forth on a random pattern...

My lifestyle and work schedule is pretty chaotic right now, and I wonder if I am damaging my hair instead of benefiting it with this use of Rogaine on a random pattern that I'm doing.

Like, with that way that I'm using it right now, am I simply getting Rogaine's aid, only just less potent as I would if I used it consistently (the way it's meant to), or am I actually damaging my hair (long term or short term) and I should just quit using it altogether?

Last but not least, does the same thing apply to the beard area as well? Because I've been using Rogaine on my beard the same way I do on my hair.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the truth about this forum is that no one is a doctor and no one here can actually answer a question like this. even an expert would have a hard time with it. my guess is that its best to be as regular as possible. so as for myself i apply it once a day, at night. if i were you id make sure not to skip any days, and perhaps do it once a day rather than sometimes once sometime twice.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose as long as you apply the usual 2 mL dose at least once every 24 hours it shouldn't really matter when, AFAIK it builds up in the skin so once you get to a certain steady state concentration it shouldn't matter so much. But I definitely notice a loss in thickness if I don't apply at least once a day. Twice a day even better, but given how messy minoxidil is, it is very hard to be consistent with that if you have longer hair. Part of the problem is the awful applicator, it's such a mess.