When I looked into the mirror today....new Bald Spot

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
You know the feeling, right. You wake up with a million things on your mind, go to the bathroom, turn on the lights and then your eyes stumble upon a new bald spot that wasn't there yesterday. Well that's the terrible "sick to your stomach" feeling I had this morning. I lost slightly less than a quarter inch from the center of my hair line. This is horrible news for me because my whole crown area is diffuse but my hairline was pretty strong. I had been shedding like crazy for the last few months 200-400 hairs a day easily from all over my head including the back and sides so this doesn't come as a huge surprise. Most people with healthy hairs can yank on them all day long and nothing comes out. I can literally run my fingers through my hair any time (even after a shower and combing session) and get 1-5 hairs to come out. I am totally devastated. Mentally I am not willing to accept this terrible affliction but having tried all the proven treatments out there I don't know if I have a choice. Why did these treatments fail me? Why do *I* have to suffer like this each and every day? I am sick and tired of this....I am growing balder, uglier and less socially acceptable by the day (I am in sales for crying out loud) and THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! Is any of you in the same boat; totally powerless and frustrated by the lousy treatments out there?

Guys who stopped their loss through finasteride/dutasteride/spironolactone, thank for lucky stars! You are VERY VERY fortunate!

Viper (very very sad today)

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
by bald spot do you mean those spots with very thing hairs that you get when you have diffuse thinning?

because i found a new spot also 2 days ago but im on finasteride for 1 month so i stilll gotta give it time

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
No I don't mean a diffused spot - I mean a spot that has no hair ; totally bald.....

king- said:
by bald spot do you mean those spots with very thing hairs that you get when you have diffuse thinning?

because i found a new spot also 2 days ago but im on finasteride for 1 month so i stilll gotta give it time

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vipergts said:
No I don't mean a diffused spot - I mean a spot that has no hair ; totally bald.....

king- said:

why would you get a bald spot then? thats not male pattern baldness is it?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
The spot in question is in the middle of my hairline. It had been thinning for the last 1 year or so and finally lost the remaining hair in that area - seemed to happen overnight alost as if I had applied NAIR to it or something. Wonder if minoxidil 15% would grow anything there...

king- said:
vipergts said:

[quote="king-":2hfrh961]by bald spot do you mean those spots with very thing hairs that you get when you have diffuse thinning?

why would you get a bald spot then? thats not male pattern baldness is it?[/quote:2hfrh961]

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
because i found a new spot also 2 days ago but im on finasteride for 1 month so i stilll gotta give it time[/quote][/quote]