When i drink Alcohol my face becomes red is it because of..?

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings

I dont know why whenever i drink alcohol my face becomes red my heart pumps faster... when i look closer i see red parts . Is it because of Propecia or is it because of liver?
:x :oops:
Thank you
Tolgahan

chuckie

Reaction score
it's part of being hungover. Have you ever met an alcaholic - their noses are usually red. It comes as a result of dehydration. Dink gatorade :D

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually, I learned recently that it is from rosacea, yet another fun condition. When I went to a dermatologist, he talked about my hair, but then he mentioned that I have red cheeks, and suggested that I have rosacea. So he prescribed Azelix (sp?) for me, which he said I should apply to my cheeks 2x per day, for the rest of my life, or until they find a cure. There is even a makeup you can buy, because (and this is true in my case) you look stupid giving some corporate presentation when your freegin cheeks are red. Looks like you are embarrassed when you aren't at all.

Other triggers for redness might be vinegar, sun, working out, etc. I think my cheeks might get a little red just after applying minoxidil, too.

Rosacea is commonly mistaken for alcoholism, for the reason that you said. You should try to treat it, since it can get progressively worse, and spread to your nose and beneath your eyes. Bill Clinton has rosacea, and look at his symptoms.

Good question though. Aren't you glad you asked? =) Go see a dermatologist about it. There are also oral pills to take. Look it up on the web, too. These things are just being discovered, because people like us ask "why do we have this condition, and others don't". We are learning a lot in this day and age.

sonicthehedgehog

Established Member
Reaction score
elguapo said:
Actually, I learned recently that it is from rosacea, yet another fun condition. When I went to a dermatologist, he talked about my hair, but then he mentioned that I have red cheeks, and suggested that I have rosacea. So he prescribed Azelix (sp?) for me, which he said I should apply to my cheeks 2x per day, for the rest of my life, or until they find a cure. There is even a makeup you can buy, because (and this is true in my case) you look stupid giving some corporate presentation when your freegin cheeks are red. Looks like you are embarrassed when you aren't at all.

Other triggers for redness might be vinegar, sun, working out, etc. I think my cheeks might get a little red just after applying minoxidil, too.

Rosacea is commonly mistaken for alcoholism, for the reason that you said. You should try to treat it, since it can get progressively worse, and spread to your nose and beneath your eyes. Bill Clinton has rosacea, and look at his symptoms.

Good question though. Aren't you glad you asked? =) Go see a dermatologist about it. There are also oral pills to take. Look it up on the web, too. These things are just being discovered, because people like us ask "why do we have this condition, and others don't". We are learning a lot in this day and age.

Is rosacea effected by hormones at all?

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I doubt it's rosacea if you have no symptoms of it when not drinking.

My bro has rosacea, but I've never had it. Occaisionally I get the same redness when drinking. My face gets red, heart rate goes up and I get a bit short of breath. It hasn't happened in a while, but I think it seems to occur when it's warmer or more humid weather.

I've yet to figure it out. Most times I drink it doesn't happen. But I know what you're talking aboot. I can't figure it out either.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Again, I am just going by what my dermatologist told me, but there are various degrees of rosacea. My uncle has it worse than me- he has a red nose when it's cold, and after he drinks. My cheeks get red when it is cold, after I do cardio really hard, but not so much when I drink, except if it is wine for some reason.

What I want to point out is that there are various levels of every condition, be it male pattern baldness or rosacea or cancer or anything. And prevention seems to be the name of the game. If you are interested, check it out, ask your doctor, do online searches. But what I recommend is that you consider using Azelix. You put it on your cheeks 2x per day, once in the morn and once at night. Takes 2 minutes. It's not cheap, but a little bottle that cost $50 lasts me about 5-6 months. Your doctor and online sites will tell you that you can prevent it from getting worse. That's all I am saying.

I don't know if it has to do with hormones. I had rosy cheeks ever since I was a kid. But if you watched The Matrix in an IMAX theater, you can tell that Morpheus has it pretty bad. But he didn't always have it. His face was way clear in movies like Platoon, where he was younger.

Prevention man. Think about it. Your call. I just learned about this myself a few months ago.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you Asian? Asians often lack the proper liver enzyme's to metabolize alcohol, therefore creating a skin flush.

vellus

Reaction score
Yo DamnoHaereticum, have you been able to drink in the past ok? I have noticed the same sh*t as you and also have wondered if this could be due to hormonal tampering. I have been experimenting with RU-21 the hangover pill to see if it helps, not too sure yet. Now when I go to the club Im red and thinning, aint that a b**ch! :evil:

Cassin

Reaction score
I dated a girl that had the same problem. Her chest and face got red when she drank, She was allergic to alcohol or something in it. I can't remember which.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Healthy Nick said:
Are you Asian? Asians often lack the proper liver enzyme's to metabolize alcohol, therefore creating a skin flush.

Exactly. One of my buddies is a huge guy yet he'll get hammered off like 4 beers. After about 2 beers his face becomes completely flushed and red. It seems common with Asian men.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeap.. i think its some sort of allergy.. i go completely red when i drink even a single light beer..

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
Rage said:
Yeap.. i think its some sort of allergy.. i go completely red when i drink even a single light beer..

The same! i have a white skin though

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
Healthy Nick said:

Nope Im not asian :roll:

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm noy Asian either. I don't think it's an allergy with me, as it only happens once inna while.

I've never been with an Asian woman. One time about ten years ago I was drinking at a bar in a Chinese restaurant. I think the Asian lady maybe poisoned me. I was on a tight budget and drinking long island iced teas. Later that night I got very ill and threwup blood.

Maybe the dragon lady cursed me. Maybe I didn't tip too good?

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I knew some dude in college that had that problem. His face would get red after a few drinks. He said he was allergic to alcohol. His happened every time.

The Gardener

Reaction score
NilesTilden said:
I've never been with an Asian woman.

I have been. And her face didn't get red after alcohol, nor during the sex.

But, I have heard the liver enzyme thang, and it is true. But, facial flushing can be caused by any number of things, not just rosacea.