When during the day does hair loss affect you most?

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
For me it is horrible when i first wake up - when my hair is messy from sleeping and I actually feel anxious every morning on waking as to what I'm about to see in the mirror - if it doesn't look too bad then I feel better, if it looks receded and thin (usually happens when my hair is more greasy or I've been moving in my sleep) then my day can be downhill from there.

I feel like I need to just shave it so that I spend less time in the mirror every morning...I don't want to have to worry anymore every morning. I feel like a woman with all this insecurity but I just want to be able to 'get up and go' like I used to. As it is, my hair would look terrible if I left the house without washing and drying it first. P*sses me off.

Anyone else feel the same?

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
gh05 said:
For me it is horrible when i first wake up - when my hair is messy from sleeping and I actually feel anxious every morning on waking as to what I'm about to see in the mirror - if it doesn't look too bad then I feel better, if it looks receded and thin (usually happens when my hair is more greasy or I've been moving in my sleep) then my day can be downhill from there.

Anyone else feel the same?

+1 :thumbdown2:

Ever tempted just to buzz it?

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
any time when its sunny

serisouyl i did not like being bald and it being sunny, i f*****g hated it, you dont even look normal, i cant imainge being a date with a girl somewhere and the sun comes out, your just like "f*** i looked fucked up now"

even worse is when it is NOT sunny, cuase in the UK now its cold when its not sunny, so NOW your freezing, you cant wear a hat of course, become society woudl look at you and go "this is what this person would look liek if he was normal", so you cant wear the f*****g hat.

this apply to any nighttime as well, becuase its always cold at night, in the UK, this doesnt apply to US, but UK weather its a knigthmare, you either always cold at night or afternoon without sun, and when the sun comes out -boom- your fucked.

bascialyl its like living in hell hole.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
hot countries are worse if your hair is thinning. when i was in Asia my hair looked like sh*t because any sweat at all would make it look thinner.

...and wearing a hat is a no go for me...because once i take it off, my hair is messy and thin looking beyond repair until i wash/dry it again.

so annoying.

I definitely think that buzing it short is going to be the way to go soon....my feeling are siding towards 'if you have good hear then keep it, but if you're thinning noticeably then buzz that sh*t off'. Trouble is when to 'let go'.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
any time when its sunny

serisouyl i did not like being bald and it being sunny, i f****ing hated it, you dont even look normal, i cant imainge being a date with a girl somewhere and the sun comes out, your just like "f*ck i looked f***ed up now"

even worse is when it is NOT sunny, cuase in the UK now its cold when its not sunny, so NOW your freezing, you cant wear a hat of course, become society woudl look at you and go "this is what this person would look liek if he was normal", so you cant wear the f****ing hat.

this apply to any nighttime as well, becuase its always cold at night, in the UK, this doesnt apply to US, but UK weather its a knigthmare, you either always cold at night or afternoon without sun, and when the sun comes out -boom- your f***ed.

bascialyl its like living in hell hole.

HPM, do you have a ton of guy friends? You certainly are very entertaining!!

You should try writing some dark comedy.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Everyday.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Whenever I catch sight of my reflection.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
When lame *** trolls with full heads of hair decide to complain about the most trivial sh*t whilst insulting everyone with legit hair loss.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definitely on the commute to work in the morning.

Spend absolutely ages in the mirror trying to make my hair look less receded, while at the same time not sporting an obvious combover that others will recognise.....

....but as soon as I walk out the door and cycle into the wind, rain and general shity british weather all my work is undone instantly and my first stop once I get to work is always the bathroom so I can sort my unruly NW3 mess out, it's a daily ritual, unless of course the weather is decent, which as HPM points out, is extremely f*****g rare out here.

Don't get me wrong, a NW3 can obviously still look good, but you need to get it cut regularly and by a good hairdresser (very rare in London it seems...) or else it starts to look clumsy and awkward looking.

Once I get in from work in the evening, away from colleagues and friends I couldn't care less what my hair looks like...

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
That sounds exactly like my old routine, Primo. First stop for me was the cubicle with my own handheld mirror checking and fixing my doo out. It got to the point where the janitor/cleaner even said to me most mornings, ''Off for your number 2?'' :woot:

I'm NW3 too and had too long hair. A caveman type doo and first bit of wind blew it from here to Timbuktu.
Agree with you that with a decent haircut, you can still look good as a NW3.

As for the original question, I used to hate brightly lit places and often would even suggest if out drinking with friends that we go to a bar that was dark so my thinning/receding would look less obvious. Now I use some concealers, I'm still a bit weary of brightly lit places.

Concealers are something else. As much as a pain in the arse they are to wash out and re-apply, they can make you go from feeling really shitey about your hair to instantly looking 10x better.

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
Whenever the sun is at it's brightest is when I feel my baldspot is at it's most offensive. When the sun reflects on top of my forehead, somehow it throws the balance of my face all out of whack. That daylight makes my cheeks, chin and neck look flabby, it makes my eyes look tired and old and makes the top-front part of my forehead look like a crescent shaped fluorescent lightbulb is merging with my face.

However, when the sun goes down and my aweful pale skin isn't illuminated with flaws and instead appears more mellowed and colored, well, then I look like I could be in a tasteful GQ photoshoot.... without a need for a hairdresser of course.