when does watery semen go away?

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
ive been off finasteride for about a month and wondering how long it takes for semen to stop being watery,i know everyones body is different but i was curious as to how long it should be

any answer is appreciated

thanks

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Based on my experience. The moment you get watery semen, there's no going back. The prostate and the seminal vesicles won't that easily gain back their older function, though, they grow back to their normal volume. There probably remain some epithelial metaplasias or the tissue is messed up some other way.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
but you took finasteride for 9 days. could it really do permanent damage in that time? I've heard other ex-finasteride users say their semen went back to normal.

and is watery semen a sign of poor quality sperm

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Have you really? I still hear many of them still complaining about their watery semen. Why doesn't it go back?
Some men are born with watery semen and are fertile. Thus it's not considered a bad thing. But for someone who used to shoot out loads of pearlwhite c*m it doesn't feel good, it's just unacceptable.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
False, and I'll chime in here.

Before finasteride, semen was not watery at all. I started on finasteride, and it became watery...but only if I did a "quick jerk". When I have sex, it's normal.

3 months ago I got a batch of finasteride from overseas that was a different brand, but I took it anyway. My head started to itch again within 3 weeks of taking it. During the 2 months that I took it I noticed that my semen went back to "normal" 100% of the time. I got a script for generic Proscar last month and have been taking legit finasteride again....and it's back to more watery when I do a quick jerk.

So, ya...it can go back.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
it might also depend on the time between load-shoots. The longer you leave it, the thicker the semen

sounds like the finasteride you got was decidely dodgy, it probably wasn't finasteride at all - was it from an Indian company?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
False, and I'll chime in here.

Before finasteride, semen was not watery at all. I started on finasteride, and it became watery...but only if I did a "quick jerk". When I have sex, it's normal.

3 months ago I got a batch of finasteride from overseas that was a different brand, but I took it anyway. My head started to itch again within 3 weeks of taking it. During the 2 months that I took it I noticed that my semen went back to "normal" 100% of the time. I got a script for generic Proscar last month and have been taking legit finasteride again....and it's back to more watery when I do a quick jerk.

So, ya...it can go back.
So you took finasteride that probably wasn't finasteride and it didn't work and therefore your semen went normal?

Silverfox1

Reaction score
it might also depend on the time between load-shoots. The longer you leave it, the thicker the semen

sounds like the finasteride you got was decidely dodgy, it probably wasn't finasteride at all - was it from an Indian company?

Gotta say, my semen is thicker if I go longer before emptying the sac.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
But we're comparing everything to pre-finasteride time. Of course it becomes thicker with abstinence, but not like it was before taking the drug.