When does the "post minoxidil-shed" start?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
So halfway in December-halway in January ish I pretty much stopped using minoxidil due to me running out of the drug, but I've been back on it for the last 3-4 weeks. But in these recent few weeks I've been shedding like f*****g crazy. I can dislodge hairs by pretty much touching my head and when I rub the drug into my scalp there's like 50-100 hairs in the sink, which is agonizing to see. I do shed more than normal every few months, but it has been extreme recently.

Is it like a delayed post-minoxidil shed or something? Or is there maybe something more sinister going on, that the balding is starting to overpower the effectiveness of the drug? I've been on minoxidil since September 2019, (added dermarolling a few weeks ago only on the hairline as well as beard area), I do not seem to have lost any visual ground since then, apart from some of the already miniaturized hairs along the hairline that only grew for a few cm.

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain.....Almost exact same situation. I stopped using around the beginning of December.....because I was covid stricken with pneumonia. Started back up here recently about 3 weeks ago....starting seeing alot of shedding going on. I guess if there's a silver lining it's that the hairs are about 1/4" hairs...maybe 1/2" long.....so they're not the older hairs on top because my top hairs are typically 2"...or so.