When Does The Poof Go? First System Installed Hours Ago

Drizzle2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all!

I just got my first system ever installed a few hours ago and I'm honestly a little indifferent about it. The piece (from Northwest Lace) was much thicker than I thought I had ordered, so the change is a bit dramatic in my opinion. I ended up getting in an argument with my stylist because she refused to cut it any shorter, so I'm a little worried about others' reactions once I start going in public with it, because undetectability is my #1 priority.

The biggest thing I'm having issue with is how much the piece poofs away from my head. My natural hair was extremely flat before so I was hoping for the piece to stay similarly flat, but it's really jutting away from my head now. I've read that this goes down in time, but I was wondering from experience how much does it typically go down and how long that typically takes? Is wearing a hat on the first day recommended to help with this?

Any advice would be much appreciated for an anxious first-timer here!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I reckon 2 weeks.

Shower it after a couple of days and then again a day later. Get some heavy leave-in conditioner.

If desperate, maybe even gel it down.

But ultimately if you can wait a couple of weeks then it will get flatter, and after then you can go back to the stylist and ask for another cut and get them to thin it out more.

That's my experience anyway.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will agree that part of is that not having hair for so long, you are not used to it.

My systems start to lose puffiness after 1-2 showers (2-3 days after wearing), after a week, they are fine.