When does sides go away?

ohdearno

Reaction score
I tried avodart aprox 1 month ago. Stopped almost immediately cause of sexual sides. So one month without avodart and still limp dick.

When can I expect these sides to go away after using avodart?

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
alot of people report sides dont go away, but some say it does... the only thing u can try is to wait it out for abit... see if ur body adjusts, if not its prolly not worth risking for the sides...

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
sammo said:
alot of people report sides dont go away, but some say it does... the only thing u can try is to wait it out for abit... see if ur body adjusts, if not its prolly not worth risking for the sides...

Nothing like putting the sh*ts up someone eh sammo :)

I would have thought your sides would have gone by now, get some horny goat weed or something.

Established Member
Reaction score
had a similar issue.... stopped dutasteride October last year and I'm just getting back into normal shape.

Go get your hormones checked (testosterone, estrogen levels, the lot), while you're there get the endocrinologist to check the old marble bag and make sure you're normally androgenised i.e. your balls are in the normal size range.

dutasteride is farkin powerful stuff and I won't touch it again....

You may just find you're in a similar boat to myself which is that both your testosterone and estrogen levels are high.
The high estro levels can effect your sex drive alot and a mild aromatase inhibitor may be all you require to get back to normal....

DON'T do anything without seeing your doctor first though.....

ohdearno

Reaction score
Okay. Guess I'll book an appointment with a doctor. I only took 4 pills of avodart and still this effect. Sick...

Established Member
Reaction score
hang in there man.... nearly all issues are reversible... we played with our hormones and they just dealt us a bad hand.
I waited to go get tests done and wish I'd just done it earlier....
Hormones normally balance themselves out after a period of time and even dutasteride only has a certain half life in your system....
If certain things have gotten well out of whack of course they'll need a little nudge to get them balanced again...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Hormone Imbalance is dangerous.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
finasteride took me about a month or so for sides to go away. dutasteride stays in your system a lot longer and even if you quit, it would likely take longer to disappear. I have been hesitant on taking dutasteride or recommending it for this reason. I think you will be ok over time just wait it out as thats all you can do at this point, in my opinion.