When does propecia Start to work?

bathtbgin

Reaction score
no. no product works that fast and if they say it does its a scam. Propecia starts lowering the levels of DHT in your body after that first pill. However it will take 3-6 months before you see the results on your head.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
bathtbgin said:
no. no product works that fast and if they say it does its a scam. Propecia starts lowering the levels of DHT in your body after that first pill. However it will take 3-6 months before you see the results on your head.

so basically it starts working immeddiately I have been on it for 6 days now and I notice when I comb my scalp only 3 or 5 hairs fall out now.

I am gonna stop using it for a week and see if the hair starts falling out again.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It takes like 3 months to work. I've been on it for over 1 1/2 years and the shedding varies so don't get too hang up on shedding as a measuring mean.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
It takes like 3 months to work. I've been on it for over 1 1/2 years and the shedding varies so don't get too hang up on shedding as a measuring mean.
well how come I stopped shedding only after 6 days? only a maximum of 5 or 10 hairs fall out when I comb my hair now or shampoo it. Before it was 30-40 hairs.

Maybe I had Telogen Effluvium? cause when the hair falls out they have those little hard dried bulbs on it.

I am not sure thats why I wanna stop using propecia for at least 1- 2 weeks to see if the shed comes back.

If it does then I will just go back on it.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TonyTheTiger said:
Nathaniel said:
well how come I stopped shedding only after 6 days? only a maximum of 5 or 10 hairs fall out when I comb my hair now or shampoo it. Before it was 30-40 hairs.

Maybe I had Telogen Effluvium? cause when the hair falls out they have those little hard dried bulbs on it.

I am not sure thats why I wanna stop using propecia for at least 1- 2 weeks to see if the shed comes back.

Well actually I also experienced less of a shed within the first 2 weeks of using the product. My hair has maintained overall, so far. I can tell you this though, lately I have been shedding like a dog, so just hang in there, take pics and don't let shedding discourage you. My shed hair also has the white bulbs, which is caracteristical of a normal shed.

TonyTheTiger

Established Member
Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
TonyTheTiger said:
Nathaniel said:

Well actually I also experienced less of a shed within the first 2 weeks of using the product. My hair has maintained overall, so far. I can tell you this though, lately I have been shedding like a dog, so just hang in there, take pics and don't let shedding discourage you. My shed hair also has the white bulbs, which is caracteristical of a normal shed.

I heard thats seborrich dermatitas if the hair has the hard dry bulbs on the end?