When does hairtech get any time to help with transplants???

haggis

Reaction score
How do you find the time to fit hair transplant 'teching' into your busy message board posting shedule?? :roll:

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: When does hairtech get any time to help with transplants

haggis said:
How do you find the time to fit hair transplant 'teching' into your busy message board posting shedule?? :roll:

Maybe he is good at multitasking...yikes!

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep my computer in the break room. My tasks are to take turns to scrub in strip excisions, limited cutting because there are techs, i.e. my wife, that cut at super speeds, I extract with Dr. Harris during FUE, and I mainly place most of the time. I have more autonomy than I ever have working in this field. We(techs) work as a team, and continually relieve each other during the day. We perform one case per day and not 3 to 4 cases working like a slave like at other clinics. This provides me with ample time to check three hair websites at my discretion to answer questions, defend against the enemy, and/or educate as much as possible. If there is an extended time between posts during the day, I am probably doing my assigned duties. :)

As a matter of fact I have to stop posting right now to place 1018 grafts by FUE and this should take us 1 hour easily. Then I will come back to post again. :freaked2: :shock:

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning to all... It is 0730 hours MDT. I just arrived to work and I thought that maybe I should use this thread to provide a chronology of my typical day at work so you can understand my day. Thank you Haggis. :lol:

First I have 30 minutes to sit here at my desk/break room. What you see here is my laptop(I bought at Walmart: Dual processor/100GBHDD/2GBRAM/S-Video-out/Toshiba for $800) Coffee, notepad, Dr. Harris's book for reference, my cell phone, the schedule for the day. This is where I post during the day.

dscn8484.jpg

Now I have to set up the OR. This takes me about 10 minutes. Today we are performing a 1200 FUE by SAFE method.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
It is 8:07AM and I'm finished setting up the OR. Dr. Harris stopped by the OR and asked how I was doing. Here is our dialog.

Tom, "Did you get to see the lunar eclipse this morning Doctor?"
Doctor, "No, did you?"
Tom, "My son woke up with a nightmare, came down stairs to our room, and woke us up... so I took him outside to show him the lunar eclipse. It was a full red eclipse."
Doctor, "My wife got up to look at the eclipse but I stayed in bed."
Tom, "My wife didn't budge."

Now it is 8:13AM and Dr. harris is going over today's plan for final verification with the patient. A final consult if you will. This gives me time to sip coffee and to post, check email, etc.

It is now 8:15 and Tina has arrived.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Now we have begun surgery. It is 9:00AM. I gotta go scrub in.

It is 10:30AM MDT. Dr. Harris is punching. I stepped out to check my email, take a sip of coffee, and check the boards. This will take 3-4 minutes then I jump back into surgery to extract grafts.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Now it is 12:15... Everyone breaks for lunch... Now I can sit and post for 30 minutes while I eat... Just cause I like to...

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Now it is 12:45PM We are back to the grind. I posted about 10 posts BTW and answered a couple of e-mails.

You see now how someone can post when you perform 1 surgery per day, giving full attention to 1 patient, work normal hours, work as a team, and not be micro-managed? :lol:

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it is 2:15PM MDT. We have completed extractions. Dr. Harris is now making sites and now I have sat down to do some more posting and to check email.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Now it is 2:45PM MDT... it is time to start placing. I will not be able to post for a couple of hours.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Well we finished early... And No I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, we finished the FUE case and now I will help clean the OR and go home and start all over again tomorrow. It is now 4:00PM MDT... Tomorrow we has a strip FUT case of about 2000. Thursday a 3600 strip case FUT. Friday a 1500 FUE.

Any additional questions?

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Usually I take care of defecation when I awaken at 0530AM. Since you are so interested in my life Lucky... I wake up at 530AM, take a crap around 0535, shave at 0538, brush my teeth around 0540AM and then out the door. My showers are usually the night before. Sex is random 2 to 3 times per day. Anything else?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol, no thats all thanks!

I know you are proud of what you do but your post's often become OTT, no offence meant

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
No offense taken... the reason why I post here now is because of your OTT post a while back... but we are behind that now. Of course you realize some of the text here was slightly sarcastic... but in fun.