When do you think There will be a 100 percent Cure?

atliens99

Reaction score
If you had to put a guess down, in how many years do you think an absolute cure would be released to the world?

Best guesses anyone?

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
10 years. Companies haven't made enough money off of us yet. Amazing how we can go to the moon, build nukes and clone animals but we "can't" solve men from losing their hair....

s.a.f

Reaction score
ohmanohno said:
10 years. Companies haven't made enough money off of us yet. Amazing how we can go to the moon, build nukes and clone animals but we "can't" solve men from losing their hair....

So they would'nt make more money off something that actually works?
And technological advances seem to be progressing much faster than medical/biological ones. Technology (that we invented) is easier to improve than nature.
Same reason why most diseases remain uncured.
At least 20 yrs IMO.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
(all answers based on "cure" meaning total regrowth of fully growing full density hair) Full cure 10 years. Fairly affordable cure 15 years. Full over the counter cheap cure 25 years. All guesses of course.

T

TravisB

Since hair don't really die (they just miniaturize so much that they aren't visible to the naked eye), all the scientists need to do is find some kind of stimulant that will give the follicles a kick to start growing hair again/. Maybe Aderans, Replicel, Fillica or Histogen are on the right way?

s.a.f

Reaction score
TravisB said:
Since hair don't really die (they just miniaturize so much that they aren't visible to the naked eye), all the scientists need to do is find some kind of stimulant that will give the follicles a kick to start growing hair again/. Maybe Aderans, Replicel, Fillica or Histogen are on the right way?

Thats pretty much like trying to find a cure for ageing.

T

TravisB

Hmm...good point! But damage to our hair doesn't come from ageing.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
I sadly think people are way to positive about a future cure. I think we talk about 30-40 years, least!

abcdefg

Reaction score
You guys are way too pessimistic and that is really what this question comes down to. I think its impossible to predict just because nature is really in control of if any way actually exists or not. I think the fact we know hair miniaturizes but always stays there will make it much easier to find a way to get them to start growing again. It might actually be a lot easier then people think its just a slow experimental process with lots of dead ends.

s.a.f

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
You guys are way too pessimistic and that is really what this question comes down to. I think its impossible to predict just because nature is really in control of if any way actually exists or not. I think the fact we know hair miniaturizes but always stays there will make it much easier to find a way to get them to start growing again. It might actually be a lot easier then people think its just a slow experimental process with lots of dead ends.

We've known that for decades and despite best efforts and probably £100's millions spent on research and trials theres still nothing better than finasteride which is over 20 yrs old.
When they've cured Aids and Cancer then I'll start getting my hopes up.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm like that other poster who says we can put people on the moon yada yada but can't find a cure for baldness.

I've been thinking this myself.

We can put a thin computer in our pockets and relay electromagnetic energy for communication and freezer to hot and ready cooking in the matter of minutes, but we can't cure baldness?

I mean really is it that hard? Or is it that we just don't get the funding for it? Or maybe that its' solution lies in an area of medicine that we have yet to fully explorer...genetics?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
abcdefg said:

We've known that for decades and despite best efforts and probably £100's millions spent on research and trials theres still nothing better than finasteride which is over 20 yrs old.
When they've cured Aids and Cancer then I'll start getting my hopes up.
lol....

LOL

Sure looks that way.

And finasteride...20+ yrs old? THAT long ago? Dam.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
The best way to support a future "cure" for hair loss is to become involved in the growing industry of tissue engineering and rejuvenation medicine (a subset of biomedical engineering), whether by donating to organizations that do this sort of work, or getting involved directly through research and development.

s.a.f

Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
We can put a thin computer in our pockets and relay electromagnetic energy for communication and freezer to hot and ready cooking in the matter of minutes, but we can't cure baldness?

I mean really is it that hard? Or is it that we just don't get the funding for it? Or maybe that its' solution lies in an area of medicine that we have yet to fully explorer...genetics?

As I said earlier man made technology is a completley different feild to bio/medical science. Tinkering with electronic components is far easier than altering nature.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Captain Combover said:
Sadly I can not see a topical or oral cure in the next 100yrs. Sure drugs better than finasteride will be available, but the side effects could prevent FDA approval. Sounds really negative, but since finasteride became available approx 20 years ago, .
That's my point. Seeing that the last best thing was a whopping 20 years ago...man, that's huge in the eyes of advancements...I don't see much happening IF we continue at that rate. Also considering that advances happen all the time, and we STILL are 20 years since the last...remember, adv's happen alot quicker now than in the past...it doesn't look good. There's a HUGE hurdle that we someone have yet to get past.

Captain Combover said:
Sounds really negative, but since finasteride became available approx 20 years ago, nothing except Dutasteride has improved upon it.
Hmm. I thought I knew dutasteride, but how so?