When Do You See Results From Finasteride?

Hgy2k18

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you send me a link of the original seller ?

Is it foam or liquid ?

how do you apply ? how many times in a day, and how long it takes ?
need to wash it after applying it or you can dry it with dryer and then immediately using hairstyle products ?

Thanks !

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I started finasteride about two months ago, for the first 2-3 weeks I took 0.5 mg every other day, after that I took 0.5 mg every day; and I will be continuing. I noticed a pretty mild increase in shedding that seems to have subsided for the most part. When can I expect to accurately evaluate the results of the drug?
im going on 3 years with 1mg daily..still waiting for results

Dextrofinasteride

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started 3 months ago and it took my shedding from over 100+ hairs a day to 15-30 and thats if if i use alot of fking force on trying to find shdding. This happened in two weeks time, 1,25 mg a day everyday since, its not presice because of how I cut it but about 0.8mg to 1.2 mg daily. I've missed like 2 or 3 days only. I did shed a fck ton the first week though, i left all those shedded hairs in the shower to gross my dad out for doubting that it worked hahaha. The shed is normal as long as its not subsatntial and does not last too long

Edit: maybe I was still shedding and it started working in a weeks time. I did notice reduced inflamation, itiching and shedding after 4 days though then barley to non after two weeks

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started 3 months ago and it took my shedding from over 100+ hairs a day to 15-30 and thats if if i use alot of fking force on trying to find shdding. This happened in two weeks time, 1,25 mg a day everyday since, its not presice because of how I cut it but about 0.8mg to 1.2 mg daily. I've missed like 2 or 3 days only. I did shed a fck ton the first week though, i left all those shedded hairs in the shower to gross my dad out for doubting that it worked hahaha. The shed is normal as long as its not subsatntial and does not last too long

Edit: maybe I was still shedding and it started working in a weeks time. I did notice reduced inflamation, itiching and shedding after 4 days though then barley to non after two weeks

Good stuff man! What was your situation before you started finasteride?

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on Finasteride for 11 months. I believe I’m maintaining — I think my temples have thinned a bit during that timeframe, but it’s marginal. I have pictures, but it’s hard to tell. I was hoping my temples/hairline would actually thicken up a bit. Do you think that’s still possible after the 1 year mark?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on Finasteride for 11 months. I believe I’m maintaining — I think my temples have thinned a bit during that timeframe, but it’s marginal. I have pictures, but it’s hard to tell. I was hoping my temples/hairline would actually thicken up a bit. Do you think that’s still possible after the 1 year mark?

It's amazing to me how many people don't see a damn thing with this drug. I'm so anxious being on it and hoping each day I'll see a clear sign that it's working and every day the same as before, nothing.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's amazing to me how many people don't see a damn thing with this drug. I'm so anxious being on it and hoping each day I'll see a clear sign that it's working and every day the same as before, nothing.
So you're still loosing hair?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Continue on. Go on for at least a year. Maintenance is still very good.

JeToker

My Regimen
Reaction score
People should go into taking fina/duta with the expectation that they have a good chance of maintaining what they currently have. Do not expect to regrowth, if it happens you're lucky and pleased, if not, no worries, you weren't expecting it.

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Continue on. Go on for at least a year. Maintenance is still very good.

I'd be happy with maintaince but my natural rate of hair loss is very, very slow. I'm 45, nw3 vertex, and been losing hair for at least 23 years. The lack of loss could very well be me genetics and not finasteride.
I want to know because if it's not the finasteride I want to switch to dutasteride.