when do you see a shed and improvement?

Angie #7

Reaction score
O.K. I have a couple of questions, and I'm sorry for asking them really because I know they have been asked before by others, but I'm having a crappy day.
Tylers been on minoxidil, Dr. Lee's Xandrox 5% and spironolactone 5% night time only, since Oct.13th, he has lost more hair in the temples but I think I see an improvement in thickness of the frontal and middle island as I call it. Is it too soon? It also confuses me at the temples, I'm not sure if I'm seeing new hairs or if the hair is just breaking away and receeding further back, it almost looks like its been chewed, anyone know what I'm talking about?
I was also wondering what anyone was in before they were really sure hair was coming in? just as a guideline.
Any other suggestions, for concealing temples?? Up until now toppik has worked great when the hair was thin in the center, but if you use it on the temples and you have a day with wind and rain like today the hair parts and you can see the toppik.
I just wish my sixteen year old didn't have to worry about his receeding hairline showing when he's waiting for the school bus!!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
When Rogaine therapy is started, the minoxidil will shock the hairs into fallout, or a shedding phase. It's very normal to lose an excess of hair the first 2-6 weeks of treatment. Be patient. The results will eventually come through, probably between 2-4 months, so twice-daily treatment is a must.