When Did You Notice Hair Growth From Minoxidil?

Aj6543

Reaction score
Can everyone respond with when they noticed hair growth whether it be new hairs or thicker hairs from use of minoxidil? (And not just a few hairs.)

1-3 months?

4-6?

7-9?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started seeing a good improvement around month 3 but I had thinning at the crown so any small amount of hairs was bound to mask it better than what it had been. Unfortunately I stopped using it in October and lost all of my gains.

I started again in February and it's already coming back. Including Biotin and MSM may have sped it up a bit, I'm not sure.

Dudels

Reaction score
I have seen hair growth on my first week....
Been on minoxi for 3.5 months now and my frontal hair line getting better:)
i still have a lot of small blonde hair that supposed to turn into strong thick hairs in the next 5 months ( i hope :punk: )

Reaction score
Dudels said:
i still have a lot of small blonde hair that supposed to turn into strong thick hairs in the next 5 months ( i hope :punk: )

In your first week of using minoxidil? I really doubt that. Hair doesn't grow that fast.

baldboy

Reaction score
i've been on it for a month and so far no luck.. at least i think. my head is shaved so its hard to tell. i'm going to grow it out in 5 months to see what has happened but after a month no luck what so ever.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dudels said:
Your hair follicles are not dead! You will see good results

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on finasteride for 7 months, nizoral for two months, and minoxidil for 1 month. I have noticed mNy vellus hairs in spots I know weren't there before I started. My hair has thinned where I apply the minoxidil but most people report this when first starting.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Captain- that's what's happening to me! The only thing is some of the vellus hairs are popping up so far infront of my hairline that it looms weird. They are so long and don't stay gelled back. It shows me how far my hairline has shedded. Oh well, at least 8t's regrowth.

Dudels

Reaction score
MarkMaybeakook said:
Dudels said:

In your first week of using minoxidil? I really doubt that. Hair doesn't grow that fast.

In my case it did....
I know that i still got alot of hair cells alive and that's why i saw and still see massive regrowth in my front hairline. i think that finasteride kept alot of those cells alive during the years,all though it didn't regrowth them by itself.
i am about to add s5 cream to my frontline treatment in order to maximize the regrowth effect until i put my hands on ru or cb.
i am very good responder to minoxi and that is why i am very optimistic. Don't get me wrong, i still need to gain alot of ground in the front in order to get close to my 20 years old baseline (my goal). i am 26 btw
I'll post pictures and tell my story in the future if it gets better. all though in my eyes it's been success already.
stay strong and keep the treatments ! patients is the key!!!

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm now in the awkward phase. I can point out specific hairs that have regrown because of minoxidil but ive lost a fair amount as well. I know this drastic shedding is typical but it's weird Haha. I'm at a month and a half and cant wait to keep observing the new hair come in and thicken up like some hairs already.