When did you give up going to the hairdressers/barbers?

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
Even when I was very thin/bald on top I continued to go to a gents' barber but I hated the experience and left each time thoroughly depressed. I used to go very early in the morning on a week day if possible to avoid sitting with my baldy head in a queue of men waiting to have my 10-minute cut. I went because I felt I still needed to be tidy for work and I wasn't ready to shave my head. This was in the 1990s. Since then I've got a bit more hair in the front thanks to hair transplants but my crown is getting bigger and balder so that mirror to the back of my head ending leaves me as depressed as ever. I go to a local barbers who charge me £8.50. I pay the Polish lady who cuts my hair £10. She hardly speaks any English so even if she notices my hair transplanted hair she doesn't comment. Having my haircut has to be one of the most unpleasant experiences in my life. I much prefer the dental hygienist!

Anyone else dread the barbers as much as I do?

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
Does no one else have an end of hairdressing story to tell. You guys obviously have more hair than you let on.

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive tried finasteride over several years and got sides from it and whilst it probably helped a little bit in the crown area, the regrowth was minimal. I'd love to fill it up with transplanted hair but my donor is too depleted and the crown is the notorious black hole for grafts. I'm praying for hair multiplication to become a reality.

Reaction score
You sure have a similar situation with my Dad. :)

As for my father, he still has those locks but significantly, I know that he is already not the young man he used to be.

I think one strategy he has used to cope with this awkward situation of going to the salon is that he specifically chose the barber he went to during weekdays so there are less people in the shops.

Also, there's this really skillful neighbor he would invite time and again to prune his locks. Locks I call his hair. :bravo: