When Did People Start Noticing And Said To You That, "are You Losing Your Hair?"

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
..or "is your hair thinning?" I'm 30 now. To me, the first time someone asked me if I'm losing hair and why is my hair thinning is when I'm 22, and my barber told me that. He noticed the crown of my head saying it's thinning. I still remember that day. But at 19 I already noticed the hairline on my temples going up into a v shape. That is the beginning of a life changing experience I guess.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
18 yo

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
18 and it was only one guy, I was in the very early stages that only a veteran norwood spotter would be able to tell. The only other time was last in late 2017 and it was more noticeable at this point. I'm 22 now so it took another 4 years before my friend noted I was thinning.

Edit: I should also mention my barber knew as well and has for like 2 or 3 years now but I'd expect him to. I'm sure cousins/friends also know , it's evident when the keep looking at my hairline. I guess this is how easy it is for girls to tell when guys are staring at their boobs except in my situation it's just unfortunate.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
think it was other baldies smirking and saying "you'll be like us soon", glad to know that another guy is going bald.

i must admit i do get that bit of smug satisfaction when i see an arrogant pretty boy starting to lose his hair, but for the most part when it is a normal hardworking guy, if I see his norwood going back and back i just keep my mouth shut and feel really bad for the guy

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
think it was other baldies smirking and saying "you'll be like us soon", glad to know that another guy is going bald.

i must admit i do get that bit of smug satisfaction when i see an arrogant pretty boy starting to lose his hair, but for the most part when it is a normal hardworking guy, if I see his norwood going back and back i just keep my mouth shut and feel really bad for the guy

I remember a moment with my cousin. He's in his mid to late 30's and he's been bald since his early 20's. He always gets bald jokes by the family and when i was younger I would laugh but this one time he smiled and said 'you'll be bald soon' I was 17 at the time but I remember it sent chills down my spine and coincidentally I started losing my hair 6 months after.

blackg

Reaction score
I remember a moment with my cousin. He's in his mid to late 30's and he's been bald since his early 20's. He always gets bald jokes by the family and when i was younger I would laugh but this one time he smiled and said 'you'll be bald soon' I was 17 at the time but I remember it sent chills down my spine and coincidentally I started losing my hair 6 months after.
But how did your cousin have this insight over everyone else?

Were you in the very early stages of losing hair?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was NW2 in like highschool. The difference was my hair that was left was curly, thick and nice. I also had a very handsome face. I remember kids in even grade school calling me dracula because I had a widow peaks even at a VERY young age. Also a high forehead. So in essence Ive kind of always dealt with it. I was teased that I was GOING to go bald even before I started going bald.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But how did your cousin have this insight over everyone else?

Were you in the very early stages of losing hair?

He didn't, well to be more specific I wasn't balding then. He just because said that because he's from my dad's side and a lot of the men on that side are bald. Uncle on my mum's side is 50 and NW1. Grandad on my mum's side was an NW3 which is pretty good for your 70's.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mom. The worst part is she is one of those super passive aggressive types of women, and she would make remarks about my hair "looking thin" in a snide tone of voice but when I asked her about it she would just turn and say "Oh it looks fine" or "it just looks thin" without explaining how or how I could improve my situation.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My mom. The worst part is she is one of those super passive aggressive types of women, and she would make remarks about my hair "looking thin" in a snide tone of voice but when I asked her about it she would just turn and say "Oh it looks fine" or "it just looks thin" without explaining how or how I could improve my situation.

That is so hurtful from your own mother.

blackg

Reaction score
Some mothers don't deserve to be mothers. No offence.

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was April 2007... I was getting a haircut when the female hair dresser said I was thinning, and suggested a thickening shampoo. I was in denial until a year later when I realized my temples were receding.