when did most of you guys see results of propecia?

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
like the question says,i have a very good hook up on propecia and get as much as i want,but was just wonderin when to expect any results. im kind of nervous taking it with everyone talkin about libido, hope to hear from some of you guys

G

don't go by individual accounts because every person is different.

they say that if the drug works for you, wait 3-6 months for your hair loss to slow or stop, and at least 6 months for regrowth, but generally 12+.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^serious? i been on it 2 months this coming monday.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
threats77 said:
like the question says,i have a very good hook up on propecia and get as much as i want,but was just wonderin when to expect any results. im kind of nervous taking it with everyone talkin about libido, hope to hear from some of you guys

Don´t be nervous, you´ll never know if you´ll be the small minority that gets sides if you don´t try it. As for the results, wait 6-12 months, but it might be that you´ll just get maintenance, which for some is already a great gain.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hawaii male said:
[quote="ANDREW_J_I":ef364]^serious? i been on it 2 months this coming monday.

Yes. Im serious.

I was fortunate to be a good responder.[/quote:ef364]

have u got some pics, baseline - now?

bubka

Reaction score
about the 4th month, i was amazed how i could wash hair, dry it, run hands through it, and nothing would fall out, f*****g awesome!

CCS

Reaction score
according to this graph, the average person gets results a lot sooner than 12 months

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I saw the tiniest big of regrowth after 3 months. It seemed month after month I would get a little more, but it wasn't until a year before I knew I was actually getting real results I wasn't imagining.

At 1.5 years I was loving Propecia, at 2 years I thought it was the bomb.

It stopped my fall out in less than 3 months. I noticed alot less hairs falling out, even though i was tugging on my hair all the time. That was really cool. Before taking it I would pay dry my head with a towel, I was scared to do anything that would cause fall out. Life sucked.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
according to this graph, the average person gets results a lot sooner than 12 months

du beleive that if sum1 is taking minoxidil and finasteride, that results should be seen perhaps earlier with those combined together?

G

What exactly would you call "results"? Maintenance or regrowth?

CCS

Reaction score
i heard you get more results sooner with both. same with taking dutasteride instead of finasteride. I saw that taking 100mg of finasteride will inhibit a substancial amount of 5ar1, not that you would want to do that.

G

Taugenichts said:
What exactly would you call "results"? Maintenance or regrowth?

Maintenance should be the first goal of every person losing their hair, to at least maintain.

larry70470

Reaction score
Propecia Results

I am at 7 months and have no results, but unfortunately most of the negative side effects. I bought a years suppyl up front so as long as I can tolerate the side effects I will continue to use the Proscar.
Note, I am also using American Crew Shampoo and lotion and spray, Nizoral 2% twice a week and Rogaine twice a day.
I am in my mid 50's been using something for over 20 years to no avail, I think I used most things discussed on this board over the years, am a NW4.

CCS

Reaction score
I never counted hairs. I just remember when I think I had a bit more hair, and remember that since being on propecia, it does not seem to have gotten thinner, though there are times when it seems a bit thicker or thinner, though I am on minoxidil too.

beaner

Reaction score
Before the third month I saw an incredible improvement in the quality and texture of my hair. I thought I was doing ok on minoxidil alone....I guess I truly forgot what my hair used to be like until finasteride.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
im one week from 2 months but i have some regrowth already black strange hairs and just got som baby hair in the corners of my tempels.

but im also shedding so feels like a strange deal.

i think people with dark hair will have aharder time to spot the sprouters.

nightlife

Reaction score
ive been on propecia for over 3 months now, and for about a month up to now my hair loss has virtually stopped. very little hair falls out when im tugging on my hair etc. i reckon i should see some early signs of regrowth in the next 3 months

nightlife

Reaction score
holyhair said:
im one week from 2 months but i have some regrowth already black strange hairs and just got som baby hair in the corners of my tempels.

but im also shedding so feels like a strange deal.

i think people with dark hair will have aharder time to spot the sprouters.

a note of caution, the appearance of baby hairs in the tempels is not a sign of regrowth, i made this same mistake. in fact, it can actually be a sign of recession because you cant tell if the hair is moving forward or backward if you see what i mean. taking pictures is the ONLY method to judge hair loss