When Did Dutasteride Begin Working For You? Did You Switch From finasteride To dutasteride?

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering about this because I'm on dutasteride now (1 month).

Was on finasteride for 4 years, but have continued to lose ground throughout that time.

Thanks

Smackbang77

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't started yet, still trying to figure out how to get it, do doctors in canada prescribe it for hair loss sometimes ?

Prepareyourhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering about this because I'm on dutasteride now (1 month).

Was on finasteride for 4 years, but have continued to lose ground throughout that time.

Thanks

I took finasteride for about 2 years and was having a similar issue to you. It was sort of working, but not to the extent that I had hoped. I switched to dutasteride about 5 months ago, best decision of my life.

I will say that during the first 2 (two) months I was noticing a lot of shedding. If you are in a similar situation wait it out because this is actually a good thing. It means the old hairs are falling out so newer, healthier ones can grow in. I believe that I got lucky because after the first two months the shedding stopped and I started experiencing insane growth. Throughout the next three months my temples filled almost completely in and my crown is starting too as well. This is relatively quick results so I would definitely recommend staying on it for a year and if after that you see no results you might be a non-responder unfortunately :(

Best of luck and keep me updated! I am curious as to if this is a normal reaction that I am having to it or if I just got lucky.

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride for about 2 years and was having a similar issue to you. It was sort of working, but not to the extent that I had hoped. I switched to dutasteride about 5 months ago, best decision of my life.

I will say that during the first 2 (two) months I was noticing a lot of shedding. If you are in a similar situation wait it out because this is actually a good thing. It means the old hairs are falling out so newer, healthier ones can grow in. I believe that I got lucky because after the first two months the shedding stopped and I started experiencing insane growth. Throughout the next three months my temples filled almost completely in and my crown is starting too as well. This is relatively quick results so I would definitely recommend staying on it for a year and if after that you see no results you might be a non-responder unfortunately :(

Best of luck and keep me updated! I am curious as to if this is a normal reaction that I am having to it or if I just got lucky.
I started taking avodart 2 month ago and now my hairline receeded and my hair feel thinner,did u experience same thing?

Prepareyourhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking avodart 2 month ago and now my hairline receeded and my hair feel thinner,did u experience same thing?

yes for 2 months. I seriously recommend taking it for at least 6 months as I didn't start seeing good results until 5 months. Have you ever taken finasteride?

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes
yes for 2 months. I seriously recommend taking it for at least 6 months as I didn't start seeing good results until 5 months. Have you ever taken finasteride?
yes I tooke finastride for about 2 years and now I didn’t drop the fina and I add avodart 5 times a week and now it’s awful

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best to wait at least 6 months, you are going through the shedding phase. If nothing after 6 months you may be a non-responder. You should be taking avodart 7 days a week i don't know why you're only doing 5?
because I’m taking it with finastride and I think it’s enough