When Can I Get An Haircut After Transplant?

Danielst

Reaction score
2000 grafts in the front.
performed in Turkey, Rotalife clinic in Antalya under Ismet Yilmazer.

they only shaved donor area and parts of my hairline... not complaining, but I do look like a clown now lol.

the operation was performed on the 18th last month, so basically I am 2 weeks post op.

wondering when it is ok to shave my head with a buzz cutter probably a number 2 guard?

asked the clinic but I dont think they understood my intention to use a buzz-cutter and not a razor cause their answer was that I have to wait 3 months!!!! before I can cut my hair.
3 months sounds way too much.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They probably meant you can't cut your hair anywhere they performed the procedure. So nothing over the grafts or the donor area.

Danielst

Reaction score
They probably meant you can't cut your hair anywhere they performed the procedure. So nothing over the grafts or the donor area.

this cant be true.
Donor area is not that delicate, they allow you to even scratch it a couple of days post op.
I can already lightly massage the recipient area when I wash my hair.
but still have to wait 2 and half months until I can use pass a number 2/3 guard over it? doesnt sound right

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, was it a FUT or FUE?
I'm intending to have a FUT with only donor+recipient areas shaved (they call a non-shave FUT, but surely they will still shave strip+the hairline, then implant around the diffusely-thinned hair across the top, I guess).
I have long hair and the part I'm dreading the most is looking partially shaved. I'm thinking the grafted hair will grow at different lengths and will need tidying up at some point, and I accept that it will take at least a year to not look like a partially-shaved clown.

Danielst

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, was it a FUT or FUE?
I'm intending to have a FUT with only donor+recipient areas shaved (they call a non-shave FUT, but surely they will still shave strip+the hairline, then implant around the diffusely-thinned hair across the top, I guess).
I have long hair and the part I'm dreading the most is looking partially shaved. I'm thinking the grafted hair will grow at different lengths and will need tidying up at some point, and I accept that it will take at least a year to not look like a partially-shaved clown.

I went with FUE.
my advice... shave it all.
they have to shave the hairline a bit to plant some grafts behind it, and you can say bye bye to your hair style and hello to looking funny.

but seriously, nobody knows when its ok to use a 2/3 guard after procedure?

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, i waited until the scabs fell off about 2 weeks after my procedure and I cut my hair with a shaver myself. I just didn't cut the recipient area (obviously) and used a shaver on the donor area to even everything out in the back. I had no issues at all. My doctor said that the recipient area is of course where you need to show caution, but the donor portion should not be an issue at all.

Danielst

Reaction score
Personally, i waited until the scabs fell off about 2 weeks after my procedure and I cut my hair with a shaver myself. I just didn't cut the recipient area (obviously) and used a shaver on the donor area to even everything out in the back. I had no issues at all. My doctor said that the recipient area is of course where you need to show caution, but the donor portion should not be an issue at all.

how long before I can use shaving machine with a number 2/3 guard on recipient area?

GaryinGeorgia

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long before I can use shaving machine with a number 2/3 guard on recipient area?
Again, just two weeks. I have a fade cut on the sides and back at a 'zero' and I did not have any issue. A few pink spots at first but even that went away a few days later. Use your best judgement. We all have different levels of healing, but two weeks is the average at being healed up. I've had acne on my scalp that was worse than some of the FUE grafts being taken out. So a 2/3 should be fine.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I waited a month and did it very gently! Went for a no 3 all over, no problems.

profilecain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you can get hair cut after hair transplant. After 6-7 months or after consulting your surgeon you can get hair cut. basically, after cuting the edges of hair, the grwoth of hair increases. For breif details you can visit our web portal.