Whats up with old people with hairlines down to forehead?

ttwarrior1

Established Member
Reaction score
i see more people that are 70 with all their hair then i do people that are 40 easily, and they have those hairlines that go almost to their eyebrows

Side Show Bob

Reaction score
It's not hard to figure. Older people didn't grow up eating processed food, hormone spiked milk and meat, preservative laced food, soft drinks with artificial sweeteners, etc.

They actually had to prepare their food from scratch. With fresh fruit, vegetables, preservitive free ingrediants. Meat from animals naturally grown.

Try eating like this and you'll do much better, too. Stop eating crap!

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and yet people still eat all of those and dont go bald..so whats your point?
are you eating healthier and still losing your hair?

Side Show Bob

Reaction score
Yeah, you guys wouldn't want to stop eating all that *healthy* food. That would actually require some effort and work.

Look at movies in the 30's 40's and 50's. Do you see many BALD people?

Do you see any FAT people? HELLO???????????????????????????

NOT MANY. When do you start to see them? After processed foods came along. When people got lazy and stopped cooking from scratch.

I live near an elementry school. What do I see walking up and down my street? Fat kids. Their fat ugly mothers and bald, fat fathers. Bad eating habits passed from parents to kids.

What do I see when I go shopping? Fat, bald people with their shopping carts filled with CRAPPY food.

It's not rocket science, people. WAKE UP !!!! You're in denial, and I'm not talking Egypt here, folks.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol at bob going nuts.

That little kid from, The Sixth Sense - " I see... fat people..."

G

I agree with bob, there are many factors other than just DHT that affect male pattern baldness. I just read a book called "Fat Land," which explains this obesity epidemic... good read... and dammit people need to wisen up on their choices of foods because most of these diseases now a days are due to being overweight, its fuckin horrible. Little kids are showing signs of Type 2 diabetes...

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Look – Bob’s correct to a degree – albeit a small one.

Taking a proper diet, exercise, stress free lifestyle, using the proper products etc etc will all help you to keep your hair for as long as possible and will only be beneficial.

I hate to burst your bubble though. Male pattern baldness is a genetic affliction and if one is so genetically predisposed, they will lost their hair even with the best, healthiest and most perfect lifestyle.

Good luck to all.

Def

jeffsss

Reaction score
I don't think Bob is correct at all.

the reason why you dont see bald fat men in movies from the 30's-50's is b/c they dont USE FAT BALDING MEN IN MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a weight lifter. I eat very healthy and am on a pretty strict diet. don't smoke. drink only socially. etc..
cardio and weight training out the ***. hardly any processed food.

i'm still suffering from male pattern baldness?

Side Show Bob

Reaction score
It's just not the old movies. It's photos, magazines, pictures, etc. People were thinner back then and baldness was not as common.

Good eating habits and exercise slow the progression of hairloss, but some people have all the "bad" genes stacked against them and it's hard to overcome that at the present time.

But for most people with hairloss, you can slow it down by making some critical lifestyle changes. The problem is most of us don't see this until we're in our 20's and have been eating crap for so long. The earlier you make this change, the better.

Look at the Japanese. There wasn't much hairloss there until they adopted the western diet. Same for Native Americans.

Do some research. You'll see.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Side Show Bob said:
It's just not the old movies. It's photos, magazines, pictures, etc. People were thinner back then and baldness was not as common.

Good eating habits and exercise slow the progression of hairloss, but some people have all the "bad" genes stacked against them and it's hard to overcome that at the present time.

But for most people with hairloss, you can slow it down by making some critical lifestyle changes. The problem is most of us don't see this until we're in our 20's and have been eating crap for so long. The earlier you make this change, the better.

Look at the Japanese. There wasn't much hairloss there until they adopted the western diet. Same for Native Americans.

Do some research. You'll see.

that might be the stupidest shyt i've heard all month.

carlitos way

Reaction score
Bob,

I do like the fact that people should eat HEALTHY, TRAIN, NO STRESS...ETC

However, your theory is flawed BIG TIME..

Look at bums....

some of the thickest hair i have ever seen has been on homeless people!

Lets have a looksie at their diet/lifestyle shall we?.............

they drink alcohol all day

they eat hot dogs and 99cent burgers from 7-11.

they eat nothing at all some days

they eat potatoe chips, candy and slurpees when they can on days

they have sickness and disease more than we can imagine

they sleep in the blistering cold and /or expose themselves to intense heat all day.

they dig through trash and eventualy rub their hands through their hair with god knows what bacteria on their hands

they sleep on the street where dogs piss and crap and is trash infested.

99% of bums have lice

Bottom line is bums have the most horrific diet/lifestyle anyone can imagine...

the bums that have great hair DONT HAVE THE GENE FOR MALE PATTERN BALDNESS!!!!!!!!!!

That means they can literally eat human feces and still have great hair. They are NOT genetically predospitioned to lose their hair.

Its Genetics Bobby.....Genetics

Thanks Bob,

Have a wonderful day

Side Show Bob

Reaction score
First of all, that bum thing is wrong. I live in the Bay Area and see plenty of homeless over in SF (too many!). Their hairloss runs the gamut, just like the rest of the population. What, you think only NW1's end up living on the streets? Or bald, homeless guys suddenly regrow their hair when life suddenly hands them some bad luck? Pah-leeeze! If that were true, we could all live on the streets for a year and regrow all our hair.

Secondly , diet does play a part. As one of the earlier posters said, you only have to look at the epidemic of young children with diabetes, asthma, and other illnesses that they have to deal with at such an early age. I'm in my 40's and you simply didn't see that when i was in elementary school.

That's not genetics. It's food and enviornment.

carlitos way

Reaction score
Bob,

My point was to say that there are bums with hairloss and bums with good hair, its genetics which decides which bum has hair or not, NOT how many beers and hot dogs they consume

I do think paying attention to food and environment helps as far as overall health, but I seriously doubt it has the affect on hair like you are stating

if it all came down to food and environment like you claim, then ALL bums should be bald right??

There are some of the healthiest ,fittest, Organic diet, people here that have severe hairloss. These people DONT smoke, drink, etcc..., but they are losing their hair..Why? These people should have the thickest best hair around, but its genetics.....thats why

Please advise

Side Show Bob

Reaction score
I'm saying food, enviornment and genetics all play a part and that if your genetics aren't completely stacked against you, improving your diet and exercising can slow hairloss, especially if you start early.

As for food additives, read this and be sure to go all the way to the bottom. You might be shocked to see some of what is added to your food these days.

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

carlitos way

Reaction score
Hi bob,,

ok I agree with you there as far as all playing a part, I was thinking youy were saying food and environment are the main reasons,

I am in the food industry so im very familiar with the stuff that goes in food

Im very familiar with msg

did you know that certain foods naturally contain msg?

its when manufacturers that are ADDING msg to the soups, meats, etc...that I have a problem with

none the less, its a good informative article which people need to be educated about

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob, male pattern baldness is just that. Its not diet/health/lifestyle-PB.

That stuff about less people in the 30's and 40's going bald is really ridiculous - the human figure and what is deemed attractive changes throughout the decades - hence slimmer and less toned actors in those days.

True a lot more people have a lot more health problems due to todays diets, but if Tommy Lee and Nicky Sixx from motley crue can still have all their hair after being frigging junkies and eating a cheeseburger a week...then your theory really gets knocked on its ***.

Fat and unhealthy people can lose their hair, and young healthy people can lose their hair. And then there are some people who just don't. Simple as that. Do your research.