What's the verdict on 17-alpha-estradiol??

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
liquidfirex said:
"Promotion of new hair growth (rated as “very effectiveâ€￾ or “effectiveâ€￾) after 6 months was observed in 64% in the finasteride-failure group, 55% in the 17-alpha-estradiol-failure group, and in 60% of all other patients. At 12 months the results were 72%, 84%, and 79%, respectively."

Those are pretty good numbers to me.

Uhh...for some reason which escapes me, you're neglecting to point out that they're talking about 5% topical minoxidil.

Yeah, isn't the study showing that minoxidil worked for patients that tried 17-alpha estradiol and it didn't do anything?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can chyme in here. 17 alpha is used to treat women with chemo related hairloss after receiving Aromatase inhibition and estrogen modulation therapy. Makes them bald like men in the frontal and parietal areas, because ultimately estrogen and Aromatase protect hair growth, and Aromatase is found most abundantly in the frontal hairline of women, which is why we have a different pattern of hairloss. Take away the Aromatase, you bald like a man, like I started to when my brain stopped producing luteinising hormone and estrogen. It makes sense to treat this sort of hairloss with an estrogen based anti androgen (albeit a weak one) in combo with minoxidil, finasteride, and Retin-a.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it go systematic?

Aromatase transforms t to estrogen

I dont want gyno tbh