Whats the Thinnest Skin piece you have tried?

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been a lace wearer for several years, though early on I did try skin.

My current supplier is doing 0.02mm ultra thin skin. I am thinking of giving it a try.

Does anyone have experience with similar pieces? How long did you find they last?

shookwun

Reaction score
Hey bro can you post your peice?

Curious to see what it looks like.

Incursio

Reaction score
The 0.02 mm ultra skin feels soo tempting but I've heard it's not breathable and could lead to an early tragedy if a first timer like myself tried to wear one.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I asked about how breathable they were and was told that they could pierce tiny holes in the material.

Its very tempting, if only to give it a try. Just mindful of its life.

Incursio

Reaction score
I'm just speculating here as I don't have any hard facts.
Piercing tiny holes seems counterproductive, sure it may make it more breathable but ultra skin from what I've heard is very delicate having holes in it will effect the integrity of an already fragile design maybe as you are experienced it will work well but than again it comes down to the question of how long will it last?
I wouldn't mind trying if I had at least 6 months experience in wearing systems.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm just speculating here as I don't have any hard facts.
Piercing tiny holes seems counterproductive, sure it may make it more breathable but ultra skin from what I've heard is very delicate having holes in it will effect the integrity of an already fragile design maybe as you are experienced it will work well but than again it comes down to the question of how long will it last?
I wouldn't mind trying if I had at least 6 months experience in wearing systems.

Yeah, you are right. It does seem counter intuitive, but I guess thats the trade off of durability versus breathability.

I want to change jobs and I think in my new role in a new office, my hair line will come under much greater scrutiny (and I want to be 100% confident of no slip ups) hence the willingness to try this ultra thin piece against my regular Swiss lace.

Incursio

Reaction score
Unless someone who has tested one of these in a day to day situation we can't really know how it'll work out.

One of my areas of work is in an office environment currently is full-time do plan to go part-time. I have the opinion that people do focus on hair quite a lot maybe I'm being biased as it's only human nature to pick up on things which correlate. I have noticed that my colleagues (anyone in your vicinity not entire office) chat about poor quality hair rather than exemplary hair. I'll explain what they perceive to be poor hair: receding/lack, distasteful choice of cut/colour and generally unhealthy looking locks. Exemplary hair tends to be adorned and receives equally more attention but isn't as much discussed mostly ackowledged by the odd comment here and there, isn't touched as much suprisingly. Than again I've only worked in this field for 6 months so take with a little pinch of salt. If you keep your hair looking average nothing too exuberant or have confidence you'll be fine. I've noticed that really great looking hair especially that freshly cut shiny look doesn't be messed with either.

I hope my 'minimalistic' insight gives you some indication on how it would be, I would describe my place of work as an immature office environment as a lot of the staff are around early twenties to late thirities, not really hardened career goers.

Grimoire

Reaction score
There's more to ThinSkin bases than meets the eye. Yes, a really thin base will disappear better than a thick one, but there's another factor to consider: density. The base must be thick enough to support the client's specified density. Each hair injection creates a hole in the base and the higher the density, the more holes per mm. If the base is too thin, it will tear easily. So even when you specify the base thickness you want, a good factory will make sure that the base is thick enough to support the density - even if they have to make it a bit thicker than you requested.

As far as the value of adding extra holes for ventilation, this is a bit of "spin" on the part of certain manufacturers and sellers. The holes, by necessity, are so small that they make virtually no difference in the comfort of the system because very little heat can escape. Also, they're so small that water can't pass through them. In other words, perspiration will still be trapped against the scalp and showering/shampooing will not clean the scalp.

I believe that hygiene and cleanliness are very important - and rashes and infections are really ugly.

shookwun

Reaction score
All talk in the peice community but nobody ever backs up their claim.

thespian

Reaction score
Help please Grincher

Hi Grincher. I am UK based and would like to know what company you use as I am considering a system, and you seem really happy with yours. Thanks in advance.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use www.ukhairsystems.com as I'm mostly in the UK but have used them when working abroad too.

Others that get mentions on this forum are NWL, Hollywood Lace and Farrell

Its probably easier to give a list of ones to avoid than recommend.

The other word of advice I would give is read as much as you can and ask questions.

Getting a system is the easy part, you will then spend the rest of the time refining and perfecting - but I guess that's the fun part.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Thespian - I have a couple of suggestions for you too; drop me a line.

noah