What’s The Problem Here: Color, Cut-in Or Both?

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
1A2C5B31-283F-4483-9F91-8FE91D144C30.jpeg
So mostly happy with this new stock system I got. Asked for them to cut it shorter but the blend looks absolutely horrible on the back right now. I am scheduled to go back for a coloring around the edges to better match my bio hair but I am starting to think the issue may be the cut rather than the color. The edges are going to get darkened up, is it going to be passable or did the cut doom this thing from the start? (Pics below)

Attachments

• C30689E7-A89B-49A8-9732-D7B1A746DAA0.png
    C30689E7-A89B-49A8-9732-D7B1A746DAA0.png
    554.8 KB · Views: 255
  • A45133BB-010B-44BF-B1D3-DBC1FAB36A0A.jpeg
    A45133BB-010B-44BF-B1D3-DBC1FAB36A0A.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 252

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 132460 So mostly happy with this new stock system I got. Asked for them to cut it shorter but the blend looks absolutely horrible on the back right now. I am scheduled to go back for a coloring around the edges to better match my bio hair but I am starting to think the issue may be the cut rather than the color. The edges are going to get darkened up, is it going to be passable or did the cut doom this thing from the start? (Pics below)
Color is lighter....which it should be on top, so that's good.

Cut isn't good. Kind of bowlish... Not blended well.. Baldedbeard can chime in on the cut... as he's well versed in this area and styles.

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
It's mainly the colour, which is very different. It looks like you have chosen to bleach it. The cut is a bit choppy, but I have had worse when I had my own hair. I wouldn't say it was "absolutely horrible" - I see guys with that look all the time, and I certainly wouldn't guess that you are wearing a system.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Color is the issue, especially in last 2 pics. Do you want a lighter top? If so, side and back need coloring to match your bio hair. However, if your intent is to have one single color matching your bio hair all over, the whole piece needs to be rectified-dyed. For your next stock piece, choose a color closer to your bio hair.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Color is the issue, especially in last 2 pics. Do you want a lighter top? If so, side and back need coloring to match your bio hair. However, if your intent is to have one single color matching your bio hair all over, the whole piece needs to be rectified-dyed. For your next stock piece, choose a color closer to your bio hair.

Perfect match is best, but a Lighter system on top is much better than a darker one haha

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will also say both. Color is wrong, and there is no blend going on here. The system hair is longer than the bio hair just below it.