What's The Most Extreme Activity You've Done Wearing A System?

Caleb Morgan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, fairly new system wearer here. Currently waiting for my 2 lace units to come in from Curtis at Hair by MHE. I can't say enough good things about him and the quality of his products and service. Anyways, I'm working on the mental part of wearing a hair system, and I'm doing much better. My last experience with hair systems began this past October with a single thin skin unit I wore for 3 months. I had quite the experience and it honestly became too stressful. Bad installs, constant hairline lifts, wrong glues, stylist keeping me at the salon until midnight or more (she had no experience with systems. claimed to be getting certified and hasn't done it yet), and so on. I laid off for awhile. But now I'm much more prepared for the Summer supply wise and am excited about these new units.

My questions are,

1. What's the most extreme activity you've done successfully and enjoyably in a hair system?

2. Do you ever feel "restricted" by your hair system compared to someone with a full head of hair or someone who is just bald? This is more of a deep psychological question, but ever since I started looking into hair systems, I immediately began to think about the things I could no longer do, or so I thought as a result of wearing. It's a similar feeling to claustrophobia if that makes any sense. It's become sort of a constant afterthought.

I'm grateful for this forum, it's members and its resources and look forward to your responses!

Noah

Reaction score
Haha, that "enjoyable activity" has got to be most guys' main reason for getting a system LOL!

1. On a more mundane note, I have scuba dived and water-skied in mine, and jumped off a waterfall into the plunge pool a few times. No problems encountered.

2. The only activities I wouldn't attempt are those where you get hot and sweaty and then there is actual head contact - rugby, wrestling and some martial arts. I would be afraid of the hairline being ripped off in those circumstances, so I would only do them if I could wear head protection. I don't really miss any of those things particularly.

I suppose what does slightly bother me is having to plan ahead - when I was younger I used to go on long cycling tours - 5 of 6 weeks - with my mates, or backpacking around some dodgy places for weeks on end with just the clothes I had on. You are never quite as free as that with the system. You always have to have adequate supplies of adhesive and alcohol and a spare unit, and you have to think about where you are going to get the privacy to do maintenance. So that is a constraint. Having said that, I have done shorter trips trekking and hiking for 3 weeks wearing the system without too much hassle.

Caleb Morgan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me about doing home renovations in a system. I haven't done this personally, so can anyone here speak to this?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, fairly new system wearer here. Currently waiting for my 2 lace units to come in from Curtis at Hair by MHE. I can't say enough good things about him and the quality of his products and service. Anyways, I'm working on the mental part of wearing a hair system, and I'm doing much better. My last experience with hair systems began this past October with a single thin skin unit I wore for 3 months. I had quite the experience and it honestly became too stressful. Bad installs, constant hairline lifts, wrong glues, stylist keeping me at the salon until midnight or more (she had no experience with systems. claimed to be getting certified and hasn't done it yet), and so on. I laid off for awhile. But now I'm much more prepared for the Summer supply wise and am excited about these new units.

My questions are,

1. What's the most extreme activity you've done successfully and enjoyably in a hair system?

2. Do you ever feel "restricted" by your hair system compared to someone with a full head of hair or someone who is just bald? This is more of a deep psychological question, but ever since I started looking into hair systems, I immediately began to think about the things I could no longer do, or so I thought as a result of wearing. It's a similar feeling to claustrophobia if that makes any sense. It's become sort of a constant afterthought.

I'm grateful for this forum, it's members and its resources and look forward to your responses!

Hair system pretty much same as my own real hair. Kind of of like wearing a contact lenses. I can pretty much do anythings such as snowboarding, water sports, x games......etc. I only can think of two sports that you can't do: break dancing headspin or hair hanger trapeze artist.

Caleb Morgan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair system pretty much same as my own real hair. Kind of of like wearing a contact lenses. I can pretty much do anythings such as snowboarding, water sports, x games......etc. I only can think of two sports that you can't do: break dancing headspin or hair hanger trapeze artist.

I'm sure this question gets asked alot on this forum, so I appreciate everyone's responses!

esc2000

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, that "enjoyable activity" has got to be most guys' main reason for getting a system LOL!

1. On a more mundane note, I have scuba dived and water-skied in mine, and jumped off a waterfall into the plunge pool a few times. No problems encountered.

2. The only activities I wouldn't attempt are those where you get hot and sweaty and then there is actual head contact - rugby, wrestling and some martial arts. I would be afraid of the hairline being ripped off in those circumstances, so I would only do them if I could wear head protection. I don't really miss any of those things particularly.

I suppose what does slightly bother me is having to plan ahead - when I was younger I used to go on long cycling tours - 5 of 6 weeks - with my mates, or backpacking around some dodgy places for weeks on end with just the clothes I had on. You are never quite as free as that with the system. You always have to have adequate supplies of adhesive and alcohol and a spare unit, and you have to think about where you are going to get the privacy to do maintenance. So that is a constraint. Having said that, I have done shorter trips trekking and hiking for 3 weeks wearing the system without too much hassle.

Out of curiosity, how did you manage a 3 week trek/hike with a system? Super secure bond or did you re-attach at some point, and if so, what's the story behind that?

Noah

Reaction score
I have done it a few times. Yes, an extra-heavy dose of tape at the back and a line just behind the hairline. Then just touching up the hairline as necessary. I brought a hand-sized mirror and a rubber sticker so that I could hang it on the back of a toilet cubicle door, and I had a spare piece already taped up, so I could have done a complete change if I had wanted, although in the end I didn't.

I find, though, that if I do a fresh strong attachment just before I go, it lasts 14 days without any problems. It's only really the last week that it needs any attention in the way of touch-up. We were staying in tea houses where usually there were no showers, so by week three everyone looked pretty rough anyway. I always had the fallback of a ballcap which I could have worn full-time if I had wanted.

The only real issue was getting the grungy adhesive out of the lace after 3 weeks. I don't think the hairpiece ever really recovered, but it was worth it.