What's The Deal With My Crown? Sep 2015-feb 2017

foxloss

Reaction score
I came here a while ago aving just been plagued by paranoia about losing my hair.
People told me not to worry and that it looked good, but to take pictures and I've done so ever since.
Nothing has changed, nothing noticeable anyways. I have been taking pics for a little short of a year now (May 2016 I started.)

But even some pics I've found dating back to 2015, it doesn't seem to have budged. But I thought I'd still ask here, just if anyone has any idea or what.

I have two images of my crown.
One from over a year-ish ago ago (September 2015)
One from today, about an hour ago.
The one from 2015 my hair is actually wet in. I just don't know why my crown looks like this.

Today:
VsZw5cT.jpg

September 2015:
mqzvOSf.jpg

Cowlicks/whirls are supposed to be circles right? Why is mine a line. Sometimes it's more crescent moon shaped, other days it is a small circles, but most days it's just a line like this.

foxloss

Reaction score
Keep an eye on it, looks suspect imo. How old are you?

month shy of 19
17 in pic from September.

Also, I have a pointed hairline, nothing huge but it's not straight actossed. I've had this hairline since I was a little kid.
Since it's not straight across hairline does that mean I have a more of a chance of it receeding?
My sisters have the same hairline points so I assume it's a genetic thing?

g.i joey

Reaction score
month shy of 19
17 in pic from September.

Also, I have a pointed hairline, nothing huge but it's not straight actossed. I've had this hairline since I was a little kid.
Since it's not straight across hairline does that mean I have a more of a chance of it receeding?
My sisters have the same hairline points so I assume it's a genetic thing?

If you say it hasn't moved since you were a kid I wouldn't make it a cause for concern. As long as your hairline isn't thinning I wouldn't be too worried. BUT that v hairline is usually a precursor. How's your dads hair?

EDIT: when I was 18 my hairdresser said she noticed my hairline was a V, she said usually it's just a mature hairline but it could've been balding. I was in denial at that point cuz my hair was still thick.. ended up being balding.

foxloss

Reaction score
If you say it hasn't moved since you were a kid I wouldn't make it a cause for concern. As long as your hairline isn't thinning I wouldn't be too worried. BUT that v hairline is usually a precursor. How's your dads hair?

EDIT: when I was 18 my hairdresser said she noticed my hairline was a V, she said usually it's just a mature hairline but it could've been balding. I was in denial at that point cuz my hair was still thick.. ended up being balding.

Yeah, I mean as I've gotten older my head got bigger since I was 10 so it's more prominent but it's still the same. I have pics of me at 12-14 and the temples are the same as now.

My father is 50 and has a full head of hair. Only man in my family to have one, his father does too. His brothers and males on my moms side all lost it in their mid to late twenties.
I do have a male cousin on my moms side who's around 26 and has a full head and his dads bald, and his mom is my aunt.

EDIT: I have a photograph of my father I won't post out of privacy (also don't have it on my phone and computers internet is dead) but he had a very similar crown to me in that photo.

foxloss

Reaction score
Looks pretty normal to me. Just looks like a normal cowlick.
That's definitely nice to hear! Hope that is the case c:
More people have told me it's normal than people have told me it's someting like balding, but I'll still keep my eye on it.

Pablo234

Reaction score
Your crowns fine, it's just where your hair is parting -emphasised by the small whorl you have on the right. If you look down on a dark haired/light skinned female, her hairs parting will look exactly the same ... don't worry, your hair looks great! Keep on top of it though, have a check every 6 months, don't let it pre-occupy you.

foxloss

Reaction score
Your crowns fine, it's just where your hair is parting -emphasised by the small whorl you have on the right. If you look down on a dark haired/light skinned female, her hairs parting will look exactly the same ... don't worry, your hair looks great! Keep on top of it though, have a check every 6 months, don't let it pre-occupy you.

Thank you, always a nice thing to hea! c: I will keep an eye on it.