What's the deal with Full cap wigs - Why Not?

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the deal with wigs? I bought one on line, arrived in a few days and was cheap. Full cap, great cut and style. I did a few modifications and I think it looks fantastic. Better than anything in the last 20 years. Why have I wasted $1,000's and spent countless months waiting on a hair piece that arrives not to specs most of the time. Am I missing something here? Is this thing going to blow up on my head at some point? Any thoughts or experiences?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Until it flies off your head in the wind or slips down. However you could always use hair system tape on it to secure the base to your scalp.
And then it is laughing stock if it slips in front of everyone or falls on the floor and you end up chasing after it.

I never seen a wig look realistic either. Especially not at the hair line.

Also a hair system is meant to look like it's your own hair before you went bald.

A wig is normally heavy density unless your early 20s or younger and have thick hair. Otherwise the heavy density alone looks very fake.

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your reply was what I expected. And wrong on every point. First off, this is my first wig. I have had at least 50 toupees over the last 20 years. Full cap custom, toppers stock and custom. The full cap custom take moths to get and I have NEVER had one I was happy with. And every piece I have bought was always too dense even when I ordered extra light.

I would get a new pice in and have the stylist butcher it. Or they would be afraid to cut it too short or thin it. I finally watched videos on how to cut hair and cut the last one myself.

I am a little unique in that I have had head surgery and I have a scar at the scalp and side so I am not looking to show the front and my sides are too thin now, and probably always have been, to accommodate a topper.

This wig is less dense than any piece I have ever had. It stays on snug with tape, just like yours. The front is lace just like the pieces I have bought before. I have also had thin skin.

I bought a stock wig, 70% grey, darker at the back bottom just like real hair, pre cut with a great style. It was about $375. I got it 4 days after order. The hair is synthetic. I thought that was a negative but it is not. I live in South Florida and the humidity does not effect it at all. Grey human hair will yellow over time.

I think so many people, especially myself, go crazy over board to have our hair piece look natural. I even would pluck the hairs at the part to show more skin. I would cut the thin skin at the scalp in a zig zag way to not create that line you see. I can tell , just like you, when someone is wearing. no matter how much time you put into your hair, unless it is a full cap with no front hairline showing, there is a tale.

I wish I had discovered this years ago. It's not for everyone, but for me it is.

I bet if you sent me 2 pictures of one person wearing and one not, I could tell which is which.

This is the piece I bought. This is NOT me.

hair pic.jpg

Last edited:

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your reply was what I expected. And wrong on every point. First off, this is my first wig. I have had at least 50 toupees over the last 20 years. Full cap custom, toppers stock and custom. The full cap custom take moths to get and I have NEVER had one I was happy with. And every piece I have bought was always too dense even when I ordered extra light.

I would get a new pice in and have the stylist butcher it. Or they would be afraid to cut it too short or thin it. I finally watched videos on how to cut hair and cut the last one myself.

I am a little unique in that I have had head surgery and I have a scar at the scalp and side so I am not looking to show the front and my sides are too thin now, and probably always have been, to accommodate a topper.

This wig is less dense than any piece I have ever had. It stays on snug with tape, just like yours. The front is lace just like the pieces I have bought before. I have also had thin skin.

I bought a stock wig, 70% grey, darker at the back bottom just like real hair, pre cut with a great style. It was about $375. I got it 4 days after order. The hair is synthetic. I thought that was a negative but it is not. I live in South Florida and the humidity does not effect it at all. Grey human hair will yellow over time.

I think so many people, especially myself, go crazy over board to have our hair piece look natural. I even would pluck the hairs at the part to show more skin. I would cut the thin skin at the scalp in a zig zag way to not create that line you see. I can tell , just like you, when someone is wearing. no matter how much time you put into your hair, unless it is a full cap with no front hairline showing, there is a tale.

I wish I had discovered this years ago. It's not for everyone, but for me it is.

I bet if you sent me 2 pictures of one person wearing and one not, I could tell which is which.

View attachment 164746
Girls find wigs far more repulsive than a bald head lol

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started this thread in the hope of finding people with a similar situation that I could learn from and possible help others. And then there is you. You are the reason I post less than once a year.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly wigs r trash. You can say why can women wear n not men?....nobody cares. It's different like its different that a woman w a hugh count is a ho n a man is a stud. I just dont like it. I dont even like it on women. f*****g glue n sweat. f*****g gross.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 164746
Post a pic of YOU wearing it! Not someone else's image.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Until it flies off your head in the wind or slips down. However you could always use hair system tape on it to secure the base to your scalp.
And then it is laughing stock if it slips in front of everyone or falls on the floor and you end up chasing after it.

I never seen a wig look realistic either. Especially not at the hair line.

Also a hair system is meant to look like it's your own hair before you went bald.

A wig is normally heavy density unless your early 20s or younger and have thick hair. Otherwise the heavy density alone looks very fake.
Question. Have you considered doing this: get a hair transplant on the frontal hairline, say, 1 inch of a band in the front and then put on a system behind it. Then you have a realistic looking hairline. The big complaint I hear about systems is the hairline.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hair systems do look legit, I seen good ones in person and they look natural when done in-house from a reputable place.