What’s The Best Way To Remove Tape Residue From Poly?

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m finding it difficult to thoroughly remove residue from the poly border of my lace system during maintenance.

I have a good method down for cleaning the lace but the poly is always almost impossible to clean - c22 doesn’t do anything to remove it.

can anyone explain the method they use for this in details please?

Noah

Reaction score
I don't wear this myself any more, but I think it depends what grade of poly it is. You can get systems with a thick plastic rim stuck or welded onto the lace mesh - the plastic has the same sort of thickness you get on a Coke bottle - and you can also get ones with very thin poly, effectively thinskin, which seems to be painted onto the lace mesh.

With the thick poly you can just rip the tape off. Then you can apply cotton wool to any residual glue, and roll it into boogers and off.

The thinskin rims are far more fragile, and you can't just rip tape off. Either you can soak the whole base in alcohol until the tape falls off, or if you don't want to do that you can use baby oil. You pull up a loose edge, and then keep rubbing oil in under that loose edge, pulling gently as you go, until the whole tape comes off.