What's the best way to deal with Minoxidil irritation?

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil concoctions for most of the year and I doubt it's done anything for me as my scalp just doesn't feel right when I'm using it. I'm currently using Dr. Lee's PG-free 5%
There's no redness, no flaking, no sharp pain, but I do get either a hot, tight feeling or a slight burning sensation.
For some reason I don't have this problem shampooing or with Xandrox15.
I can only see a difference if I
a) Wait a considerable time (say, early afternoon) before the AM application or
b) If I shampoo my hair in the morning.

And sometimes not even under these circumstances.
So what is it to be? Folligen, aloe, emu oil? Even if my hair is going to hell I don't mind investing the one year if I can be sure I'm using products that aren't having any adverse effects but, frankly, I think the minoxidil is currently doing more harm than good.
Any advice will, of course, be greatly appreciated.
Owl

P.S. If all the above seems to contradict my last entry in the story section where I promised to buck up and calm down, well, I thought at the time that I had the issue resolved. I was mistaken.

Reaction score
I've been using Folligen spray 5 days a week for 2 months now. I have absolutely NO irritation from minoxidil. It has made my scalp very healthy. I HIGHLY recommend anyone using minoxidil to get on folligen.

It might increase irritation for about a week or two but after that you won't notice a thing. Great stuff.

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
Sorry friend, I've been away from the computer for a few days. Thanks for the help.