What's The Best Topical Finasteride?

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you mate.

Wow. If that really works it would mean a revolution for sure. For those who don't get sides with finasteride, I wonder whether it would make sense to add this topical finasteride in order to get extra reduction of dht in scalp without lowering serum dht further than with oral alone. It would be an interesting thing to investigate too since some of us are looking for an extra scalp dht killing (ru, cb, topical spironolactone...) that could help where finasteride can't get sometimea (mainly hairline).

Last edited:

markusbdc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could anybody be so kind to explain me what's special about this H&W topical finasteride? What does make it different to other formulas? Asking because I'm using another common one.
I believe it has to do with the gel / liposomal formulation supposedly being able to cause the finasteride to stay put in the scalp/follicles without going systemic to the degree that others may do and causing the same old finasteride side effects like doing you know what to your you know what....

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the past few years I have been researching this option. I have joined with a pharmacological company (specializing in transcutaneous drug delivery systems) and the University of Milan, Italy in trying to produce such a topical preparation.

We have produced a liposomal gel containing silicone particles which “anchor” the liposomes at the skin level. This prevents most of the drug from moving further into the tissue.

Our current preparation ,which we have been supplying to a group of test patients in Italy is soon to be available worldwide. The effectiveness appears to be equal to oral Finasteride but serum levels are 1/18th that of the oral route. We have had no reports of any sexual side effects in any of the test group (+/- 100 patients). Many of these patients have been on the oral form and had to quit on account of side effects.
Any news about this vehicle?
its been a while...

Last edited:

Mook

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get H&W topical in the US, last update I see is from 2016 which says the'yre working on US prescriptions. Too lazy to call.

hairfertilizer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just make your own. Crush and drop a bunch of 5mg finasteride tablets into Rogaine. It has good solubility in alcohol, which Rogaine is more than 50% alcohol. Just filter it through a coffee filter to get rid of the residue. To get 1mg finasteride per day, you would need to dissolve 6 5mg pills. The problem is how much of that is going systematic? Will it be more than what you would get from orally or less? They already did this in a study, with pictures (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314881/)

The problem is that the scalp allows for drugs to be absorbed into your brain.

Sleep latency reduction following scalp application in both the phases are suggestive of transcranial migration of diazepam molecules to the receptor sites of the nerve tissue of the brain eliciting its pharmacological effect of sedation. Transcranial brain targeted dosage design is therefore feasible.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3425060/

Could topical finasteride be more dangerous than oral finasteride? With oral the drug gets metabolized/removed by liver, etc before getting to brain. With topical the drug could be going straight into brain from the scalp through emissary veins.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
As I said said in the other thread usinf liposomal finasteride since 2,5 months no sides so far. Had sides with oral

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I said said in the other thread usinf liposomal finasteride since 2,5 months no sides so far. Had sides with oral

Have you experienced any progress? Sustain? Regrowth? Where did you score your liposomal? I had a US dermatologist work through options with the Italian farmacia and then they just went silent on us.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you experienced any progress? Sustain? Regrowth? Where did you score your liposomal? I had a US dermatologist work through options with the Italian farmacia and then they just went silent on us.

Got the prescription for europe went to my dermatologist and ordered it via farmacia parratti (official supplier for europe).

Sustain. But I have to say its too early and I am no finasteride responder wonder :)

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody ordered Morr F 5% from India? I'm in Europe. Seems pretty cheap. Just wondering is it a lot of hassle to get it? Thanks.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Finasteride only works orally because of its local inhibition of DHT. Its not at all stupid to think a topical could more strongly inhibit DHT locally in the scalp even if it went systemic. Its going to go systemic for sure, but if it get diluted or requires a lower dose than you have less going systemic and less sides. It could have less sides we just dont know yet but its not stupid to try.
The thing that is stupid is that 25 years later after oral finasteride we are still debating this instead of knowing and having a real topical AA that works.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read the link above dude.

It's liposomal, so it will penetrate into the deeper tissues for sure, it's better than the plain jane alcohol vehicle.

also this...

Novel, high tech methods of transcutaneous drug delivery have been examined to see if we can simply “lock” the drug into the scalp and avoid systemic absorption.

For the past few years I have been researching this option. I have joined with a pharmacological company (specializing in transcutaneous drug delivery systems) and the University of Milan, Italy in trying to produce such a topical preparation.

We have produced a liposomal gel containing silicone particles which “anchor” the liposomes at the skin level. This prevents most of the drug from moving further into the tissue.

Our current preparation ,which we have been supplying to a group of test patients in Italy is soon to be available worldwide. The effectiveness appears to be equal to oral Finasteride but serum levels are 1/18th that of the oral route. We have had no reports of any sexual side effects in any of the test group (+/- 100 patients). Many of these patients have been on the oral form and had to quit on account of side effects.

That's awesome, when will it be out?

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, is this available in Europe? Thx