Whats the best topical antiandrogen?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
I've been using Revivogen for some time now but I dont think it's enough. I would like to add another topical treatment. Whats the most popular? Which one gets the most praise? I am kind of a noob to the whole thing so any and all advice at all is appreciated.

lobsterlobster

Established Member
Reaction score
spironolactone's not bad. It's pretty much the only treatment I'm using until my batch of Folexen arrives. It's true--it's kind of smelly (peculiar skunk/marijuana-like smell lol). But I just rub it on at night, and I feel like my hair is healthier and maybe thicker. Not too pricey, one little jar of it will last you a long time, so why not?

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
asc-j9, ru58841

"topical antiandrogens don't work"

this is bull****. just because there is no FDA approval on any topical antiandrogens to treat androgenetic alopecia, doesn't let you conclude they don't work.

i'm pretty sure RU has even had some studies done on it's efficacy as a topical.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

No they don't work, or if they do they only reducing not stopping, I used revivogen for 6 months so I know, I tried to stay away from finasteride cuz fear Mongoring hippies said its killing your dick and other bull**** to promote thier hippy "natural ingridients (bunch of **** put together) all this new age bull**** is a money machine, I'm on finasteride for 2 weeks now, no sides, trust only science.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah when we have topical proven to work as good or better then finasteride send me message because I want it also. I have been debating starting finasteride I think I wasted enough time trying different things like topical spironolactone, revivogen, saw palmetto... Finasteride has plenty of things to worry about before you try it. I have a lot of hair so a bad shed or spike in receptors that speed up my loss would not be worth it at all. Propecia is an easier decision the more severe your hair loss is.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No they don't work, or if they do they only reducing not stopping, I used revivogen for 6 months so I know, I tried to stay away from finasteride cuz fear Mongoring hippies said its killing your dick and other bull**** to promote thier hippy "natural ingridients (bunch of **** put together) all this new age bull**** is a money machine, I'm on finasteride for 2 weeks now, no sides, trust only science.

Well, revivogen isnt a targetted pharmaceutical like ASC and RU. I never said Revivogen works :p

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It really depends. If you can get the substance that has an antiandrogenic effect to the therapeutic target site in the follicle, then it doesn't matter if it comes systemic, or topically absorbed thru the skin.

I would agree that systemic is easier of course. Applying a topical evenly over the whole affected area is a pain in the ***. If you aren't slick bald even more so. Some is absobed by the hair etc.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Again it's unproven bull****, while finasteride proved himeself beyond any doubt as the best dht blocker

hethen

Reaction score
Look into RU58841 - I used 10g for a little over a year. I typically used 100mg EOD or 2-3 times a week. My hairloss didn't progress any worse, and honestly the best part about it was my scalp itch went away. But it also didn't regrow anything either, and towards the last few batches of RU I could see prominent scalp on my crown, so now I'm debating on purchasing more RU or Proscar whoneedsadickanyways pills...yeah the fear-mongering has gotten the best of me.

Jesse Wilson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead because it's been 5 years and I'm curios what the best topical antiadrogens are today. I read that flutamide doesn't change into it's final form until it's digested. I don't want spironolactone because I read it activates many follicles as it binds with them.

What are some other topical antiandrogens?

Ramsey

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want spironolactone because I read it activates many follicles as it binds with them.
Hi Jesse, what does that mean exactly? Afaik, spironolacone works through limiting androgen production and by competitive blocking of the AR. Any research you could point me to about what you're discussing? Thanks.

Joseph Lloyd

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone is a SARM? It is considered an anti-androgen while SARM's are essentially drugs designed to have similar results as anabolic steroids?

This is an interesting thread. What do people say about systemic absorption of anti-androgens like RU, Darolutamide etc?