what's the best deal on finasteride right now?

Reaction score
What are you guys paying right now and where are you ordering from?
I realize I should probably be buying 5mg and cutting it up, but which one....
I live in the US and I think I can get it prescribed through my doctor if that is cheaper.
Also, if I don't want to wait three weeks for it to be shipped from abroad, how much is it here?

Cheers!

badasshairday

Reaction score
I bought 90 pills of generic 1mg finasteride at Costco for $25. Manufactured by Actavis.

Wow thanks for that news. I know that 1mg finasteride pills are on generic now but I thought they were still more like 40$ for a 30 day supply. I use to split Proscar back in the day but since I am at the age of fathering children I don't want my wife or kids to be anywhere close to the dust particles of finasteride that are released on my skin, lips, ect. The 1 mg pill is much more convenient and safe IMO. If you are a single guy or one with having kids then go ahead and knock yourself out with 5mg Proscar tabs and save a ton of money.

gnate12

Reaction score
Wow thanks for that news. I know that 1mg finasteride pills are on generic now but I thought they were still more like 40$ for a 30 day supply. I use to split Proscar back in the day but since I am at the age of fathering children I don't want my wife or kids to be anywhere close to the dust particles of finasteride that are released on my skin, lips, ect. The 1 mg pill is much more convenient and safe IMO. If you are a single guy or one with having kids then go ahead and knock yourself out with 5mg Proscar tabs and save a ton of money.

Most pharmacies are still charging a crazy amount for the generic, but Costco is only $25/90 pills. I don't know why the other pharmacies are charging so much.

gnate12

Reaction score
That is exactly where I was planning to get it. I hope they are going to have it in Dallas.

Let me know if Dallas is the same price. I purchased mine in Los Angeles. Also FYI you don't need to be a member of Costco to purchase stuff from the pharmacy.

Ndg0021

Reaction score
Hi, first time poster but been reading for a while. Just started my regimen today after getting a prescription for Proscar. Pharmacy said it was $22 for 8 pills (which is 32 doses). My insurance covered it so it was $7 for those 32 doses. However, I've heard people on here talk about much lower, NON-insured prices. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Yes. I went to a doctor, told him I need 90 caps of finasteride, then went to Costco and got my 90 caps of finasteride for $23. Seems like other discount pharmacies have it at the same price. Cheaper than dirt!

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I just pick up 5mg generic proscar 100 tablets and split into 10 pieces (0.5mg) for $80 at the local drug store which I take bi-daily. One bottle of 100 tablets lasts 2000 days or 5 and a half years @ 4 cents a day or about $15 per year.

My regimen is currently finasteride and RU58841, which costs me $200 for 10g of RU58841, which I use about 1.5g per month, which makes my total with finasteride about $400 dollars per year to keep my hair. :(

Though I plan on reducing usage of RU58841 to about half of what I currently use once I have gotten satisfactory gains.