Whats next if therapy isnt working?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been to therapy and he gave me advice to help stopping the thoughts
yet everyday i go back to thinking about how i lost my hair and im ugly and lost my girl and it will.never be like that again i cant stand thr misery anymore and want to eject from this world

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long have you been depressed and what is your Norwood ? It can take years to get over serious depression

Also, I think that when people say "go see a therapist", they know very well that the therapist cannot help you immediately. The only help you'll get are medications (antidepressants). "Being understood" is kinda not much when you have the entire community of this forum understanding hairloss. I mean the shrink is probably not educated to hairloss (whether he is bald or not), I doubt he ever had a class at uni titled "hairloss and the mental illnesses that can come out of it" lol

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long have you been depressed and what is your Norwood ? It can take years to get over serious depression

Also, I think that when people say "go see a therapist", they know very well that the therapist cannot help you immediately. The only help you'll get are medications (antidepressants). "Being understood" is kinda not much when you have the entire community of this forum understanding hairloss. I mean the shrink is probably not educated to hairloss (whether he is bald or not), I doubt he ever had a class at uni titled "hairloss and the mental illnesses that can come out of it" lol
yes he told.me to use dating apps which was a bit silly

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
What kind of advice did he give you to stop your compulsive negative thoughts? It's about reframing the way you think about things (and thus the way you feel), and there are certain techniques you can employ to achieve that. When you're at rock bottom it's easy to think that there's no way those techniques could possibly work and give up on it without really giving it a chance. You really have to stick with it though and eventually you'll start noticing improvements. If it doesn't work, then start considering medication. What do you have to lose?

Hope you get better soon.

UnLuckyLuciano

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im coping with the same sh*t as you.
Going from prettyface to ugly asf in a matter of years.
The only thing we can do is accept it and move on.
Aka accept that you cant get women anymore and find other hobbies.
Accept that you're ugly and try to avoid mirrors as much as possible.
We're both in this and stop being delusional.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys
ive been making an effort since i posted to stop the thoughts or at least not let it effect me and remain present
its scary how time is moving forward but im still thinking so much about things and times years ago. like i have brain damage but now im making an effort to be strong see how long i can keep it up for

KevinEdEddEddy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Therapy will not fix your life immediately, I had 3 years of intense therapy and it was sufficient to fix many problems I have in my life, especially the fact that there was someone who understood I have Aspergers and was able to counter my delusions and make me go out of my comfort zone

Milkonos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, it's when I told my shrink that for a moment I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror and neither could my relatives after having buzzed off my head that he mildly started to understand wtf I was talking about. "hey wot, it's not written in my DSM-5 book :oops: "

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Therapy will not fix your life immediately, I had 3 years of intense therapy and it was sufficient to fix many problems I have in my life, especially the fact that there was someone who understood I have Aspergers and was able to counter my delusions and make me go out of my comfort zone
Eddy, I have found another one of those edgy avatars you might like:
1637099366732.jpg