What's My Norwood Stage? 1 Year On Finesteride

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year on finesteride
1.2 year on minoxidill foam

Umm.. 90% no change since I started the treatment which is good because my balding is aggressive. Maybe a slight recession in the temples since then but not too much.

No regrowth unfortunately.. crown still thinning and thinning idk why because the crown should be the most treatable place.

What so you think guys? Any hope to regrowth or I lost that hope because it's already been 1 year since I started..
Only transplant will save my hairline?

Give me your opinion.
Thanks.
I'm 23 years old. Started to lose hair at 20. I already was with exposed temples at 21. And started the treatment 1 month before turning 22.

Previous threads:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nths-started-to-lose-hair-2-years-ago.112263/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...temples-without-transplet-nw3-22-pics.114072/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/rate-my-8-months-process-is-there-any-hope.122519/

20190813_105846.jpg

20190813_105914.jpg

20190813_105817.jpg

20190813_105831.jpg

Last edited:

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a norwood 2 ish. Your juvenile hairline is a better comparison of how aggressive your hairloss is.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year on finesteride
1.2 year on minoxidill foam

Umm.. 90% no change since I started the treatment which is good because my balding is aggressive. Maybe a slight recession in the temples since then but not too much.

No regrowth unfortunately.. crown still thinning and thinning idk why because the crown should be the most treatable place.

What so you think guys? Any hope to regrowth or I lost that hope because it's already been 1 year since I started..
Only transplant will save my hairline?

Give me your opinion.
Thanks.
I'm 23 years old. Started to lose hair at 20. I already was with exposed temples at 21. And started the treatment 1 month before turning 22.

Previous threads:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...nths-started-to-lose-hair-2-years-ago.112263/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...temples-without-transplet-nw3-22-pics.114072/

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/rate-my-8-months-process-is-there-any-hope.122519/

View attachment 126129
View attachment 126130
View attachment 126131
View attachment 126132
I have a pretty stupid idea with which most people here won't agree.

I would say to regain some more hair on temple or to stop the recession, you should first try taking 1mg Finasteride twice a day. (guys please don't post that bullshit stating how 0.5 mg is equal to 5mg blah blah)

Just try it out for 3-6 months and report the results.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a pretty stupid idea with which most people here won't agree.

I would say to regain some more hair on temple or to stop the recession, you should first try taking 1mg Finasteride twice a day. (guys please don't post that bullshit stating how 0.5 mg is equal to 5mg blah blah)

Just try it out for 3-6 months and report the results.

Bro tbh.. 1mg finasteride x day is expensive as f*** lol.
I mean I'll be have to spend 40$ / month.
And ofc I'm not even talking about the side effects of 2 mg finesteride every day?

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a norwood 2 ish. Your juvenile hairline is a better comparison of how aggressive your hairloss is.

Hey thanks for the comment.
To be honest my English is not the best lol, so I didnt fully understand your comment. Can you tell me more?

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the comment.
To be honest my English is not the best lol, so I didnt fully understand your comment. Can you tell me more?

What I mean is, at first glance someone would say you have aggressive loss because they're comparing to a Norwood 1 with small forehead, but if your juvenile hairline was a higher and have a bigger forehead, then relatively speaking, you've only receded a little. It's very normal and wouldn't be considered aggressive. But yes I do see some thinning but you've held up well compared to your first post.

Last edited:

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I mean is, at first glance someone would say you have aggressive loss because they're comparing to a Norwood 1 with small forehead, but if your juvenile hairline was a higher and have a bigger forehead, then relatively speaking, you've only receded a little. It's very normal and wouldn't be considered aggressive. But yes I do see some thinning but you've held up well compared to your first post.

Oh well thanks alot for your comment, I appreciate it.
And yeah as you noticed (I hope its noticable from the pictures) my forehead is pretty big (my friends call it huge lol). But I did have a straight hairline when I was 18. And now, 5 years later, as you can see, my corners are 100% gone.. do you think I can do something about it or just keep my treatment and pray and hope lol

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 with diffuse thinning.

Do you think there is any way to make my hair thicker? I mean I use miboxidll 5% foam + 1mg finasteride every day.
Why suddenly in addition to the hairline I also experience diffuse thinning ? I mean it only started after I already started the treatment.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are already on the right drugs. I think you should take supplement like boitin,magnesium, zinc ,get enough sunlight. Abstain from smoking and alcohol if you do that. I think that will make huge difference.also repeated washing hair daily can damage it because tap water contains clorine which damage hair .so wash your hair thrice a week.best luck.

TheZyzz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are already on the right drugs. I think you should take supplement like boitin,magnesium, zinc ,get enough sunlight. Abstain from smoking and alcohol if you do that. I think that will make huge difference.also repeated washing hair daily can damage it because tap water contains clorine which damage hair .so wash your hair thrice a week.best luck.

Oh damn I thought only shampoo damages hair.. I wash my hair daily but shampoo only 3 times a week.
So you say I dont even need to wash it with only water?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it is chlorinated water then no,it damages outer layer of hair known as cuticle which hinders sebum flow and could aggravate balding.