What's my Norwood rating (and will the Big 3 work for me)? Details.

bobaf88

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'd really appreciate a rating as I'm relatively new to this. I've been pretty comfortable being bald and shaving down to a 1, but was thinking I might try the Big 3 to get a little more growth on the front. In particular, I'd really like to thicken the landing strip at the front up, but am welcoming any advice as to how realistic that is.

Information about me:

I'm turning 28 in March. I used Kirkland liquid Minoxidil from age 19 to age 25-26. I believe that Minoxidil did keep my hair as long as it did. Around age 25-26, I started experiencing chest pain on my left side despite being normal blood pressure (I didn't go to a Doctor, but I did check BP). I've read this is from fast absorption, but it didn't make sense to me that I could get the rare side effect when I never had any prior. When I quit, the chest pain subsisted for about a week and I have been/am fine for years; would and still do often exercise with no heart trouble. Of course, I lost all the hair I'd kept until then. The only thing I did that was strange was guzzle coffee like a maniac. Not sure if that would have been enough to confuse the body into sides.

My questions are:

What Norwood am I? (Think this haircut would look much worse without a 1, as my sides are much thicker than my top at this point and the right angle with camera and sunlight will just make me look bald).

Is the Big 3 a realistic treatment for improvement with my hair condition as it is now? My plan is to try minoxidil 2% instead of 5, and see if that makes any difference in terms of the chest pain and absorption. Even a .5 dose of the 5% is too much; I yield to side effects. I tried Lipogaine recently, and boom, old chest pain resurfacing again in the left side. Still don't quite get it. I'm really relying on the finasteride to help, but all things aside, I'm not too bent up over hair loss. I've seen some of the posts on here, and I'm not definitely not among those who equate hair loss to total loss of sex appeal. It's nice to have hair to style when you want it though.

Thanks in advance.

jimmypage

Reaction score
Hey man, there are people who have had great results with similar hair loss as you, so I'm not going to talk about BIG 3 (many mates of the forum will give you great advice about this).

Maybe, as you have some advanced alopecia and seems you are used to have shaved head, you might want to try Micropigmentation treatment. At least is what I'll get if BIG 3 doesn't help me to stop my way to bald head.

Good luck!