What's Good For Washing Out Dried Minoxidil?

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
What?...if anything?...shampoo..or whatever can wash out / dissolve dried minoxidil from the scalp? (Safe ingredients of course) I've tried alot of shampoos...even baking powder.

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only use 1mL minoxidl once a day for this reason. but regular dandruff shampoos should remove the dried out residue from your head

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Normal shampoo should work fine, don't know why you are having problems, if nothing is working a deep clarifying shampoo like osmo should DEFINITELY get rid of it, just make sure to use conditioner afterwards.

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only use 1mL minoxidl once a day for this reason. but regular dandruff shampoos should remove the dried out residue from your head
Yea I basically use minoxidil once a day. I dab it all over the crown than spread it around.

Lil_Ribeye

My Regimen
Reaction score
Normal shampoo should work fine, don't know why you are having problems, if nothing is working a deep clarifying shampoo like osmo should DEFINITELY get rid of it, just make sure to use conditioner afterwards.
I don't know why either? I've tried most types of shampoos including head and shoulders and clarifying. It's not my skin flaking either. Its flakes or pieces of dried minoxidil. (By the way...I use kirkland brand from Costco.)

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never heard of this. Maybe I should give it a try.
It’ll do the job, just keep in mind it’s harsh as hell and only use 1-2 times a week until you know it doesn’t cause a reaction. Never use it more than 3x a week. Always use conditioner after or your hair will be dry as sh*t.

I would try a clarifying shampoo/conditioner first, see if that works. If not, try head and shoulders. If that doesn’t work try the nizoral.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nizoral isn't really all that good of a shampoo, i find when using hair products in my hair it performs even worse than regular shampoo at getting them out, if you are having issues getting the minoxidil off your scalp with regular shampoo then i doubt nizoral will help. I find it pretty useless all in all tbh. I would just use a clarfying shampoo, the osmo one i mentioned is very good an cheap, follow with a decent conditioner afterwards, i recommend viviscal. In saying all that i don't know why you are finding it so hard to remove the minoxidil in the first place.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Just wash it out with regular shampoo when you take a shower, and after you are done and your hair is dry, take a comb and start scrubbing out the leftover minoxidil flakes. When I comb them out I do see a lot of flakes and sometimes I have to scrub my scalp pretty hard, but that's the only way to get them out.