Whats gonna happen

sneakyp

Reaction score
for guys like me that start on finasteride early (age 22). Before I'm 30 I suppose the finasteride won't be effective as it used to be? Am I gonna onlly maintain for a couple of years? Does anybody think of the future? WTF IS GONNA happen?

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, if you notice male pattern baldness progressing on a single agent you look around and add another. There are multiple treatments which have fair evidence that they affect hair diameter and count. After the "big 3" fail you it is just a question of how much it is worth to you in money and convenience to continue to fight male pattern baldness. You might... (in addition to finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral)...

1) switch to dutasteride, one dollar a pill generic, with the risks that implies
2) addition of tricomin spray (copper peptide) daily
3) addition of topical spironolactone/fluradil or 5-FU for topical androgen blockade
4) try nano shampoo or doctor proctor's products
5) hair transplant
6) try retin-a topical
7) shave your head, quit the meds and buy a new car with the money you save

ShedMaster

Reaction score
those are all plausable ideas.. I was wondering the same thing. When this does happen I will probably switch to 15% minoxidil from dr. lee, and possibly Dutasteride. Hopefully in 5 years or so, well have something else that works for hairloss.

sam-

Established Member
Reaction score
Cornholio,

How long you have been on Dutasteride, and did you notice any side effects?